Corporate Banking/ASC Associate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
The Associate will be responsible for supporting the ASC unit with the following tasks: (1) underwriting new credit proposals; (2) asset management and post-lending; (3) providing analytical support; (4) responding to head office and inter-office inquiries; (5) performing KYC/AML and all other compliance activities relating to new and legacy loans; (6) assisting with preparation of term sheets, credit review memorandums, annual reviews and presentation reports; (7) reviewing and negotiating loan documentation; (8) assist colleagues in processing and managing deposits and (8) assisting in the loan closing and post-lending loan administration process.
Credit Risk Analysis/ asset management and post-lending
• Work closely with AVP/VP in preparing, designing, creating Credit Recommendation Report, including industry analysis, financial statement analysis, cash flow projection in accordance with business procedures of BOCNY, submit the Report to the Risk Management Department for review, and present the report to the Credit Risk Subcommittee for approval;
• Review and negotiate term sheet, and legal documentation for execution of deal, manage third-party vendors. Conduct compliance checks (KYC/AML)in accordance with procedure.
• Perform post lending monitor, conduct annual review for the portfolio loans, update the financial reports, compliance certificate and other documents in the timely manner.
• Conduct KYC and KYC refresh, prepare name screening and EDD reports periodically when it becomes due
Work with other BOC USA departments, BOC HQ and other BOC branches, prepare presentations to head office and senior management, prepare quarterly ASC newsletter to Head office, work with compliance (KYC), deal closing (OSD) and account opening process (Banking).
Client Relationship Management
• Conduct companies visit and research to understand customer needs and identify new opportunities together with VP/AVP of the team;
• Develop business opportunities with clients to be more accessible to additional business and to enhance key relationships, to maximize business potential from each client relationship. Communicate with clients on their needs;
• Maintain relationship with other peers banks for new transaction opportunities
Years of Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree above
Corporate finance and structured finance analysis skills required for corporate and structured loans. Proficiency in word, excel and power point software. Basic requirements include: general credit analysis, spreadsheet modeling, industry analysis, cash flow analysis, cash flow projections, sensitivity analysis and facility with review of third party reports. Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal. Language (English and Mandarin-preferable)
Credit analysis, knowledge of corporate finance and financial statements. Knowledge of merge and acquisition activities.
Skills of sensitivity test and scenario analysis required.