Core Product Manager - Supply Chain and Private Companies
Bloomberg Core Product is looking for a Product Manager to lead the development of a next generation Terminal offering that would synthesize supply chain, peer analysis, public/private company information and use both traditional and alternative data to help provide incremental alpha generating insight to our clients' research process. As clients search for alpha, investors are finding it increasingly meaningful to understand the full market within which a company competes factoring in both public and private companies, supply chain, natural resource consumption, the costs and risks associated with company production and the driving forces impacting company sales.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing a detailed understanding of the drivers and risks associated with the costs and revenues of both public and private companies throughout the supply chain, assess opportunities for our current product and the competitive environment, and explore opportunities across fundamental and quantitative research workflows. You will develop a well- researched product roadmap and execution plan that details proposed new functionality, incremental data needs and derived analytics, which you will vet with Bloomberg clients and then sell to internal stakeholders. You will be encouraged to collaborate with partners in Bloomberg Research, Quant Research, Global Data, Data Sales, and other Core Terminal product teams. We'll trust you to:
- Maintain and evolve a business plan and product roadmap which considers return on investment, cost of build and time to market
- Develop metrics to measure business impact and success
- Keep tabs on the competitive environment and client trends
- Lead an agile development process through JIRA including drafting of stories, identifying acceptance criteria & staging incremental releases
- Partner with Engineering and Data Operations to ensure deliverables are well understood and delivery achievements are met
- Keep internal stakeholders advised of progress throughout the development lifecycle
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote releasable product to clients
We are looking for a meticulous product manager who is hard-working, strategic and has a proven track record of execution and measurable success. The candidate should be quantitative and highly knowledgeable of analyst workflow, with a solid understanding of supply chain, private markets and alternative data.
The successful candidate should demonstrate strong leadership skills, the ability to influence through indirect management, have excellent oral and written presentation abilities, high energy, love building client relationships, strong organization and project management skills, a true interest in identifying client problems in need of a solution, and high attention to detail. We'd love to see:
If this sounds like you, please apply!
- Experience leading sophisticated projects, products, or teams
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience in Investment Research or working with Research professionals, in particular in regard to industries such as technology or transportation where supply chain is a major consideration
- Familiarity with Scrum Agile process
- Technical fluency-being comfortable discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering
- Experience using the Bloomberg terminal a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.