Core Product - Index Product Manager
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks, systematic strategies and custom index solutions. Used as the basis of investment products and performance benchmarking globally, the Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg media platforms enable the global investment community to interact with our products. What's the Role?
You'll be joining a fast growing and highly motivated multi-asset index product team that sits within our Core Financial Product division. You will be focused on product marketing and commercialization of indices across equity, commodity, alternatives, and multi-asset. In your responsibility of product positioning and commercial success of the business you would work closely with Sales, Research, Legal, Production, Engineering, Marketing, PR teams, and participate in client meetings globally. You'll also help develop new Bloomberg terminal analytics that will transform the index industry.
Regarding domain expertise, you'll have deep knowledge of index construction, the index industry and the asset management industry. You'll be expected to influence product vision and then execute on that vision. You'll be comfortable in working with data and have a talent in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You'll have outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills. You'll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver. This is a role with very high visibility within the organization and the investment community. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the index product offering
- Communicate product vision and build consensus among senior leadership team
- Assess client needs and translate them into index-based solutions
- Hands-on product experience from an asset management or index background
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas
- Ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound product plans
- Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets
- Strong industry relationships
- 5+ years of index industry or asset management experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.