Newmark Knight Frank (NKF)
is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
The Director of Finance/Controller will be a key accounting and finance business partner to the Spring11 leadership team. The successful candidate will be responsible for month-end close, forecasting, budgeting, planning, audit support, oversee International subsidiary financial operations and other operational analysis to support the long-term growth of Spring11. The Finance Director will operate as an internal business consultant requiring a combination of business acumen, accounting/operational/financial analysis, strong relationship skills and an understanding of systems and data.
What you'll do
What we look for
- Oversee accounting and finance department operations including G/L, Revenue, AP, AR, FA, Payroll, consolidation of foreign subsidiaries, and external financial audit.
- Responsible for the monthly close process to issue timely (monthly, quarterly, annual) and complete financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and Revenue recognition standards.
- Create and maintain internal documentation and policies/procedures to ensure proper internal controls are documented and enforced as well as keeping current on US GAAP accounting and ensuring the organization is compliant with all regulations.
- Manage the annual budget and monthly forecasting process. Provide analysis for overall planning and forecasting of income statement, balance sheet, operation metrics and variance analysis.
- Support revenue estimates through the review of scheduled billings, pipeline data and other key metrics to accurately forecast revenue.
- Oversee foreign subsidiaries in India and UK accounting and financial operations. Work with local finance staff and auditors to ensure compliance with all regulatory and statuary requirements.
- Help coordinate and complete both internal and external audits
- Ability to extract, organize, analyze, and report data in a manner that is useful and relevant to the business. Performs ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Support operations department on HR, Payroll, contracts - vendors/client, and other ad-hoc activities.
- Establish strong trusting relationships within the Company
- Build, supervise, develop, mentor and establish and review goals for the accounting team
- Financial Planning and Analysis
Benefits and Perks:
- Experience leading, managing and scaling the accounting function (team, system implementations, and processes) through rapid growth as a Corporate Controller
- Minimum 10 years accounting and finance experience and prior public company experience
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills. Ability to confidently and effectively communicate to all levels within the Company
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business is required
- Big 4 or other national accounting firm desired
- CPA is desired
- Experience with US GAAP, Internal Controls, Operational Risk Assessments, and Financial Reporting
- Working knowledge of ERP - Oracle Financials, Hyperion, Okta, Quickbooks
- Microsoft Excel proficient
- Solid analytical, mathematical, and research skills
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
- Generous healthcare
- Bright Horizons back-up care program
- Generous paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location. Working Conditions:
Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements Note:
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.