Our client, a fast growing Family Office is searching for a Controller to join and assist in building their fiance team as a key member. This is a hands-on management opportunity to grow with an organization who is successful and on an upward trajectory. They invest the money of one European Family in small companies who are profitable and need assistance in scaling. They currently own over 32 companies in their portfolio and are on course to double this by 2020.
They represent the investment office of a European family and have no fixed investment period. They prefer to create value over the long term by reinventing cash flow while avoiding excessive leverage.
They invest in profitable small companies who need a partner to assist them in scaling.They work actively with existing management teams recognizing that long-term business success is the result of a team effort. They vie their role as providing additional capital for acquisitions and growth projects and support and expertise to take its companies to the next level.
They partner with companies that are led by strong management teams and have a successful history and culture. They firmly believe in their companies continuing with the elements that made them successful.
About the Controller:
The Finance Team is primarily responsible for maintaining the books and records for firm and its related holding companies. They also partner with their portfolio company finance departments to help meet their goals. They provide services in the areas of accounting, reporting, tax, internal audit, and FP&A. This experienced team supports their investor, the firm's management, portfolio company leadership, and other internal stakeholders by providing timely and accurate financial information and analysis.
As the Controller, you will oversee the firm's accounting and finance operations. This position reports to the CFO and there is an opportunity to grow the team over the course of the next few years. You will be responsible for all aspects of the firm's internal financial management, including accounting, budgeting and forecasting, payments and cash management, as well as the development of policies and procedures.
- Manage all accounting operations for the firm; This includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, post-closing process, balance sheet reconciliations, and reporting
- Ensure the accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing of the books
- Manage employee expenses and allocation of expenses
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the form's budgets and financial forecasts, and report variances
- Develop & document accounting policies and procedures to maintain & strengthen internal controls at the firm
- Generate and present financial reports to include, but not be limited to, the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis; manage accounting process improvement projects
- Act as point of contact and provide support to internal and external auditors
- Optimize cash flows and prepare cash flow projections
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant finance and accounting experience; Controller experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA certification
- Superior excel skills
- Experience managing, building, and developing teams
- Demonstrated background in financial reporting and intimate understanding of GAAP, including a proven track record of supervising day-to-day accounting operations and cash management
- Experience with M&A transactions and purchase accounting
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, Bi360, and Concur a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and deadlines