- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters Associates Inc
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
A multi-manager hedge fund advisor based here in New York is currently looking to recruit a Controller within the Accounting Team, where you will work closely alongside the CFO, Controller and the finance team.
The business manage capital for institutional investors in a highly diverse portfolio of investments and asset classes, directed by established hedge funds and individual portfolio managers.
-Work alongside the Chief Financial Officer, Controller and finance team to manage all aspects of accounting, reconciliation, treasury, reporting, audit and tax related functions
- Liaise with the risk team and fund administrator to maintain the fund's portfolios and data integrity by performing daily trade and position reconciliations
- Participate in and oversee regularly occurring processes, including, but not limited to finalization of the monthly NAV, proper allocation of expenses, and quarterly financial statement reporting
- Review the accuracy of financing charges in accordance with relevant prime brokerage agreements
- Liaise with the General Counsel and legal team regarding quarterly and annual regulatory reporting
- Mentor and oversee members of the finance team
- Assist with the accounting function for the firm's management company and general partnership in accordance with the expense policy
- Assist in the operations and accounting related to the personal investments of the firm's founding partners
- 6-10 years of relevant alternative asset experience with an asset manager with focus on accounting
- Management company accounting experience preferred, but not required
- Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Excel, detail oriented, ability to multi-task, excellent work ethic and strong interpersonal skills required
- Experience with Quickbooks is preferred, but not required
If this is a position you are interested in, then please do send through an updated resume to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or, you can reach me for a confidential conversation on 212 704 9900.