The individual will be responsible for credit analysis of existing or new non-bank financial institution clients/counterparties related to the following industries: insurance companies; mortgage REITS; private equity and credit funds; and business development companies. Products traded include OTC derivatives, prime services products, repo, and securities lending. Clients may also require committed loan facilities.
Day to day responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Process credit requests in a timely manner to meet business deadlines and maintain the annual review cycle.
- Prepare high quality analysis in credit applications that address client credit risk and transaction risk.
- Exhibit sound credit judgment skills when recommending credit facilities, taking into consideration facility size, tenor, and suitability for client.
- Identification of possible deterioration of credit quality.
- 5+ years of overall credit analysis experience
- Ability to analyze and evaluate counterparty risk and financial condition based utilizing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proficiency using Word for written analysis and Excel for spreadsheet analysis
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the accounting, legal and regulatory issues governing relevant sectors.
- Ability to investigate/research/synthesize data and make appropriate conclusions as to what is causing the observed result(s)
- Ability to write concisely and in a way that conveys analysis and conclusions without minimal follow-up questions
- Knowledge of capital markets/traded products and a committed financing facility.
- Experience with documentation such as ISDA/CSA, GMRA/MRA, lending credit agreements