Overview of the role
This role will create the content strategy as well as overseeing seeing its implementation for Schroders Americas. The strategy will be predominantly focused on the North American Institutional business but will also include the US intermediary market as well as providing guidance for US offshore and Latin America. A managerial role the successful candidate will have one inhouse designer as a direct report and will utilize external writers as and when is needed. Dealing with multiple groups, this is a role that will require a high degree of collaboration and emotional intelligence. Ingenuity, the ability to promote a digital first, publishing model to marketing and being able to explain complexity in a simple manner are critical skills. A solid understanding of content dissemination, tracking and reporting within Financial Services is also essential. Key Responsibilities Strategic
- Drive increased brand recognition through the development and dissemination of content designed to speak to the needs of North American investors. The role is predominantly Institutional in nature with key areas being Public and Corporate Pensions, Endowment and Foundations, Insurance, Consultants. However, this role will also oversee US intermediary and offshore as well as providing guidance on best practice for Latin America.
- Use content in its various forms from written, infographics, videos, podcasts, data visualisation, etc to engage the target audience in a manner best suited to them, knowing that the same message can live in different forms.
- Use data to inform and improve relevancy and engagement with the content being put out. The creation of content and how it is deemed to be effective or ineffective should be based in more data than opinion.
- Create content that tells a story and engages the audience concerning topics and areas that are relevant and of interest to them.
- Work closely with channel and digital marketing to ensure content is aligned to the overall objectives of the business and the individual channels.
Tracking and analytics
- Be proactive in understanding client requirements in order to deliver market leading content. Work with fund managers, analysts, economists, strategists, channel marketing, PR and sales - building and maintaining strong relationships in order to provide value-added and dynamic information to our clients.
- Research, write and edit investment content for a wide range of digital marketing materials, thought leadership press articles and statutory reports on Schroders' strategies for clients, potential clients and the financial press.
- To drive the quality of communication in other media - not just the written word (teleconferences, podcasts, webcasts, etc), as well as engaging with content strategy regarding social media and innovative approaches to content.
- Support and encourage communication from others - direct team members, fund managers and investment directors for example. This may involve a dynamic approach - for example, ensuring a timely comment on any event that may be of interest to our clients.
- To have a high level of knowledge and understanding of markets and our funds in their own area, in addition to keeping up with other markets and economic and business developments around the world.
- Understand the regulatory environment to ensure the content is aligned with current rulings.
- Work with US and global content teams to repurpose existing content for suitable use across different syndication channels (native ads, social posts, video platforms, distribution partner platforms etc) and the tracking of usage therein.
- Embed insights from analytics and feedback to inform content creation ensuring we produce and deliver the most relevant and interesting content for our various audiences. Ensure this content fits as part of a wider narrative reflected in all activity, from events to media relations.
- Have a deep understanding of publishing models and using data and insights to understand how and when to best use content to drive brand recognition and understand its power in the sales process.
- Be the voice of the Americas when dealing with central groups, ensuring the needs and subtleties of the local marketplace are understood.
- Work closely with various externals writers as and when is needed to manage workflow or to leverage an area of expertise not already covered in the team .
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.