Compute Engineer, Associate
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
Do you want to shape the future of financial technology?
Aladdin is an operating system for investment managers that seeks to connect the information, people and technology need to manage money in real time. Aladdin is used both internally and externally by many financial institutions. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and build a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide. Your Team and Role:
Aladdin Studio is a workshop for building on top of Aladdin, bringing together the tools you need to quickly build scalable solutions. The team engineer's high performance, cloud-native applications using commercial, in-house and open source tools. We believe in writing small testable code with a focus on innovation. We are committed to open source and we regularly contribute our work back to the community. We are agile and our stack includes kubernetes, docker, serverless, gRPC, Argo Events, Kubeflow, S3 etc. We pick the right language for the task but frequently work in Go, Python, Java and Node
As a senior engineer in the compute team, you will be building out the Aladdin Compute Platform with a specific focus on realizing our elastic compute framework which aids researchers, portfolio managers, traders and others across the firm to build, test, deploy and scale their research or data science workflows. You will also play a major role in architecting highly decoupled systems and have industry experience with CI/CD best practices, implementing large scale distributed systems etc. You should also be able to work independently and collaboratively while executing efficiently. Key responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities to improve the performance, stability and resilience of our compute platform
- Work with stakeholders and operators to prioritize new features
- Improve the quality of our software through peer reviews, improving our automated testing capabilities and coaching junior team members
- Collaborate with the broader Studio team on data, APIs and user experience
- Improve the monitoring, telemetry and tracing capabilities of our compute platform
- Engage with partners across the platform on standards and design
- Continue to automate build and deployment models to improve our development agility
Skills, experience and education:
- Assist with refining our agile methodology
- 3+ years' experience in software development with specific experience working with a service oriented architecture.
- Kubernetes, Docker, serverless, gRPC, Argo, Kubeflow, S3, Python, Java, Go.
- Experience working with an agile team
- Independent thinker capable of taking a project from concept to delivery
- Awareness of current technology trends in elastic compute and workload orchestration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; presents ideas in a clear, concise and constructive manner
- Experience working across organizational teams to understand platform needs and develop a strategic roadmap
- Passionate about open source technology
- Desire for constant learning
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.