Compliance Testing - AML, Assistant Vice President
- Assist in maintaining the annual BSA/AML/Sanctions Compliance Review program schedule
- Assist in the annual update of the Compliance Risk Matrix
- Draft and issue Compliance Review Announcement letters to key stakeholders
- Conduct field testing of areas identified as requiring testing
- Compile and maintain adequate supporting workpapers
- Participate in the interview of and discussion with key stakeholders for areas under review
- Discuss preliminary findings/issues with internal stakeholders ad participate in active correspondence with key individuals to identify an appropriate action plan
- Track and validate corrective action within internal tracking systems
- Draft AML Compliance Testing reports and participate in the discussion of recommendations with relevant parties
- Assist in the preparation of materials required for regulatory exams and/or internal/external audits
- Participate in planning discussions on future program enhancements
- Assist in the annual bank-wide BSA/AML and OFAC risk assessment processes
- Manage ad-hoc projects, as required
- Should have the ability to work effectively and independently, to conduct research on various requirements and industry standards as necessary, and to handle multiple reviews and deliverables concurrently.
- Minimum of two (2) years BSA/AML and OFAC/Sanctions experience, preferably in an audit and/or compliance testing capacity
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of commercial banking business products, operations, systems and organization.
- An understanding of key regulatory compliance requirements applicable commercial banking.
- Knowledge of compliance automated systems and VBA skill is favorable
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist ("CAMS") certification a plus.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.