- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Compliance Risk Management Director
Compliance Risk Management Director
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19021863
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Serves as a senior compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protects the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Key Activities include:
• Directing the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
o Lead compliance risk management pertaining to key financial holding company ("FHC") and bank regulatory requirements including, but not limited to:
International Banking Operations (Regulation K)
Loans to Insiders (Regulation O)
National Bank Act (bank powers)
Anti-tying Requirements (Section 106 of the Bank Holding Company Act Amendments
Bank Securities Activities (Regulation R)
Bank Holding Company Requirements (Regulation Y)
Bank Investment Securities (12 C.F.R. Pt. 1)
Bank Legal Lending Limits (12 C.F.R. Pt. 32)
Debt Previously Contracted
International Banking Facility requirements (Regulation D)
Inter-affiliate Transactions (Regulation W)
Merchant Banking Investments (Regulation Y, Subpart J)
Interbank Liabilities (Regulation F)
• Chairing the Merchant Banking Investments Monitoring Committee
• Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citi's clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; providing direction and guidance on the programs.
• Managing a team or multiple teams of Compliance professionals. Developing, attracting, and retaining talent; recommending staffing levels required to carry out the unit's role and responsibilities effectively while establishing and adhering to talent management processes and compensation and performance management programs.
• Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structures potential solutions and drives effective resolution with other stakeholders.
• Overseeing the identification and assessment of Citi's key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank's risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
• Developing and establishing firm wide compliance risk management policies and procedures to mitigate risks. Monitors and measures compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensures that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
• Working collaboratively with Citi business/functional line management in recommending, developing and executing on business initiatives within permissible statutory and regulatory frameworks.
• Representing Citi on critical regulatory matters as required. Serving as liaison with regulatory examiners, Internal Audit, and external auditors on critical Compliance issues and overseeing the implementation of related remediation.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; extensive experience in area of focus; previous experience managing a diverse staff
Preferred: Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
Knowledge and skills:
• Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
• Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior leaders
• Significant knowledge and expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and appropriate controls
• Experience in the design and implementation of Compliance programs
• Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
• Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses
• Experience with and previous exposure to internal or external control functions and regulators
• Ability to challenge business management and escalate issues when appropriate
• Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing competing priorities
• Comfort navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations
• Comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
• Strong presentation and relationship management skills are essential
• Subject matter expertise in area of focus