- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Compliance Product Sr Officer I - Privacy
Compliance Product Sr Officer I - Privacy
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19017887
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Serves as a senior compliance risk officer for Privacy - Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM Product and Function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply Privacy CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Key Activities include:
- Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class Privacy Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citi's clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance on the programs. Serves as a subject matter expert on Citi's Compliance programs.
- Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structuring potential solutions and driving effective resolution with other stakeholders.
- Identifying and assessing Citi's key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank's risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi's Compliance Risk Policies and measuring compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensuring that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Performing complex analyses of comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
- Partnering, collaborating and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of Privacy related regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof.
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies;
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
- Preferred Specific knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations in the area of Privacy
- Preferred certifications include: CIPP, CIPM, or CIPT a plus