Compliance, Global Markets Compliance Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL COMPLIANCE
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Swap Dealer Compliance Team is seeking a Compliance Officer to support the growth of our advisory compliance team aiding the implementation of new Securities Swap Dealer policies, working with existing CFTC and Dodd Frank policies, and remediating any regulatory issues. This position will require direct advisory work with the trading floor and other divisions, and a knowledge of SEC, CFTC & NFA regulations. In addition, the position will work directly with key internal stakeholders (including Operations, Technology, Finance and Legal) to effect change and enhance the compliance program and assist the Chief Compliance Officers of the firm's swap dealers ("SD") to satisfy their duties and responsibilities under various rules, including Dodd-Frank. The Team also liaises with regulators, and assists in the Swap Dealer training program administration and development. Responsibilities:
- Assist with regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries
- Assist the Swap Dealer team with advisory coverage of swap dealer including the sales and trading activity in the U.S. office, as well as the global impact of the relevant U.S. regulations
- Serve as an escalation point for non-compliance issues and assist with managing non-compliance issues
- Assist in drafting CCO annual reports for the firm's SD entities, assessing the program's effectiveness, and analyze new or amended laws and assist with case studies
- Assess the effectiveness of all in-scope CFTC rules
- Develop and maintain reports for review by senior management in Compliance
- Coordinate with the business, Legal, Technology and other divisions across the firm on new desk initiatives
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Firm's Security Based Swap Dealer (SBSD) compliance program, including facilitating SBSD registration.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's Degree
- 0 - 2 years Compliance, Legal, Regulatory or Financial Services industry experience
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of general trading rules and regulations (SEC, FINRA, NYSE, Nasdaq, CBOE, etc.) preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity