Compliance Desk Reviews / Testing VP Securities & Fixed Income
- Base salary, bonus and benefits
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 23 May 19
This role will focus primarily on testing the Firm’s institutional equities and fixed income sales and trading businesses. The role will also provide test the Firm’s compliance with the Volcker Rule (Title VI of Dodd-Frank) and swap dealer rules (Title VII of Dodd Frank).
- Conduct compliance reviews under the direction of the Americas Head of Compliance Testing in order to assess and review compliance with legal, regulatory and internal firm policy requirements and work with the business and other stakeholders to design appropriate remedial actions to mitigate identified risks.
- Participate in developing a review work plan based on the results of the annual compliance risk assessment, in consultation with the Americas Head of Compliance Testing and Line-of-Business compliance management. Ensure review work plan addresses regulatory priorities and that reviews are designed to meet applicable regulatory guidance.
- Escalate potential issues and exception items noted during the review process to senior management for discussion and further investigation if deemed necessary.
- Prepare and distribute reports to senior management detailing review findings and recommendations. Periodically report on significant activities conducted and planned for the upcoming period. Review all banking-related reports prior to vetting the report with other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all findings and recommendations are entered into Compliance Testing’s Issue Tracker for tracking purposes and perform required follow-up of open issues to ensure proper resolution.
- Meet with senior management in Compliance, the business and other control functions to provide overview of significant risks and control gaps.
- Assist the team in drafting periodic reports to senior management and regulators, as well as in various other ad hoc projects.
- Some travel may be required.
The desired skills for this position include:
- Strong knowledge of institutional Equities and/or FICC sales & trading businesses.
- 10+ years’ experience with a financial services firm and/or self-regulatory organization in a Compliance, Legal or Audit role.
- A background in compliance testing or audit is a strong plus.
- A background in Advisory / Line-of-Business Compliance is a strong plus, particularly Equities or Fixed Income Compliance.
- Knowledge and experience with the Volcker Rule of the Bank Holding Company Act and swap dealer rules, including the rules and regulations of the CFTC and the SEC, are a strong plus (but not required).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including regulators and senior management.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple compliance reviews and projects at the same time and meet timely deadlines.
- Ability to apply knowledge of regulations to numerous types of activities and operational arrangements in addition to interpreting the effect of new regulations on these activities.
- BA or BS Degree a must.
JD, MBA or Master’s Degree a plus