Compensation Senior Associate
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.78 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Reporting to the Compensation Manager, this individual will support the strategy development, design, implementation, administration, and governance of compensation programs for key PIMCO operating groups. This role will provide analytical and consultative support to business groups to ensure all programs align with corporate business objectives, are effective in attracting, rewarding, and retaining key talent, and are fully compliant with local legal and regulatory requirements. This is a highly analytical role, providing key data analysis and recommendations for business groups, HR and other cross-functional teams in support of core compensation processes. This position will be based in New York. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become a subject matter expert in compensation related HR processes, using this knowledge and data to introduce process efficiencies, analyze and identify trends, and make informed decisions to drive improvement.
- Provide key data analysis and consultative support for the design and implementation of corporately aligned and locally relevant compensation programs.
- Support the execution of core corporate compensation processes including job architecture and compensation structure design and maintenance, management of merit and incentive planning, market analysis, key hire offers, and variable pay program governance support.
- Support compensation related communication and education programs to ensure understanding by employees.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to support the resolution of compensation related issues.
- Monitor local market trend information to ensure compensation programs are competitive and responsive to both corporate and local business unit needs.
- Stay current on compensation trends and support assessments of the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures, recommending plan revisions as needed, in support of the strategic objectives and evolving external requirements.
- Provide process management and actionable analytics in support of core compensation processes.
- Maintain and support internal compensation related tools.
- BA/BS in related field
- Excel proficiency is required; Access or compensation system experience preferred.
- Workday experience is preferred.
- 3+ yearsâ€™ compensation experience in a fast paced, complex organization.
- Exceptional analytical and process execution skills.
- Experience supporting change in a dynamic, multi-business, global environment.
- Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities with strong organization and prioritization capability.
- Results oriented, with demonstrated ability to deliver on commitments.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office