Description About this role About this role
As a key member of the Global Compensation Team, you will provide strategic analysis, planning and operational execution excellence.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to learn about the firm, its businesses and how the HR compensation team drives BlackRock's pay for performance culture while providing a candidate an opportunity to build relationships with senior business leaders. The role will be varied and include extensive analytics and modelling, partnering with colleagues across the firm, and working with senior management to ensure all employees at BlackRock in line with the firm's compensation philosophy. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with HR partners to identify, assess and deliver effective solutions and advice to the business on all compensation matters.
- Develop recommendations and innovative solutions that address clients' needs while aligning with the firm's overall compensation approach and philosophy, and fostering fair and equitable compensation outcomes.
- Manage business-specific compensation programs including strategy, plan design and implementation.
- Ensure effective communication and governance of the firm's compensation plans and philosophy.
- Assess effectiveness of current offerings, tools and guidelines in supporting business objectives; identify and resolve gaps and recommend continuous process improvements.
- Work with Talent Acquisition team to structure and advise on offers for new hires and/or internal transfers.
- Monitor trends and innovative practices in the compensation field; review existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Manage or assist on broader compensation and Rewards team initiatives and projects
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in math, finance, human resources, industrial psychology or related fields - or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in a compensation, financial analysis, management consulting, or similar role required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills, including the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Experience building and managing relationships and consulting with senior business leaders.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment; strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion; client focused approach.
- Demonstrates a focus on continuous improvement.
- Advanced degree in math, finance, human resources, industrial psychology or related fields
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation partly or fully achieved
- Financial services or technology industry experience, ideally in a global environment.
- Experience with data visualization and analytical tools, e.g., Tableau, Alteryx, Business Objects, Microsoft Power BI.
. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.