Community Lending Officer - Delancey and Ludlow Business Center - New York, NY
The Community Lending Officer (CLO), within Retail Sales, will be focused Supporting Low to Moderate Income (LMI) clients in underserved markets by managing the end-to-end consumer mortgage referral requests that originate within Financial Centers, Real Estate professionals, Builders, Connect to Own partners, Trade Partners, professional and personal contacts, as well as other valuable referral sources. The CLO will successfully complete pre-assigned training activities and achieve personal production goals.
This individual is expected to have an extensive understanding of the local Affordable Housing Market, Housing Assistance Programs, and experience providing thoughtful lending solutions and guidance to Low to Moderate Income and First Time Homebuyers. Contact may be either telephonic or in-person. Must complete curriculum to achieve certification in Neighborhood Lending.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Experience in loan originations and/or home buyer education
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines as well as affordable mortgage products and programs
- Knowledge of processing underwriting and/or closing procedures/federal lending regulations governing real estate lending
- Ability to organize and deliver Home Buyer Workshop presentations
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Teamwork and client service skills a must
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- 2+ years of experience in loan originations
- Familiar with FHA and HUD guidelines
- Knowledge of community housing counseling agencies
- Knowledge of local competition product offerings and real estate market dynamics
- Strong computer skills including MS applications and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for client communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide appropriate financial
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills Shift:
1st shift (United States of America) Hours Per Week: