Communications Product Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 19
Communications Product Manager
Communication and collaboration tools are integral pieces of the Bloomberg Terminal community. They are fully integrated on our single platform so users can design and instantly share live data, charts, analysis and lists with internal and external colleagues and collaborate across markets and countries without launching another application on the desktop.
An example of such a tool is Instant Bloomberg; the leading chat tool used by the global financial community. Our unique chat-parsing technology allows clients to capture chat text, incorporate crucial deal details and send them directly to trading platforms. We recognize the value our clients derive from a platform integrated with their workflows, and see its continued popularity as central to our growth.
What's the role?
We are seeking a senior product management executive to lead the development of our communication tools. You will develop a product strategy that drives meaningful innovation, usage and value growth while continuing to reinforce our position as the leading communication and financial information services provider. You will work alongside machine learning experts, technologists, product managers and data scientists from across our organization, managing a team to solve interesting, sophisticated business problems, and develop models and implement our product solution to add value to our Communities.
The role sits within our Financial Products group, the core of our business, responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of financial data and other functionality to the world's leading decision-makers in business and finance.
We will trust you to:
- Understand the problems our clients face, to develop cutting edge prototypes that solve problems, and to develop strategic plans to deliver products to market.
- Keep a clear perspective and spot emerging trends.
- Work closely with senior management, sales, engineering, account management and other key internal constituents, to ensure their feedback and guidance is an integral part of the product strategy and execution.
- In partnership with engineering, lead innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data-centric technologies for the platform in a scalable, secure and profitable manner.
- Pursue clear differentiation in the market through an iterative, data driven, user insights-enriched agile development process.
- Play a key role in communicating and evangelizing Bloomberg's capabilities to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness to the rapidly changing competitive landscape and adapt accordingly.
You will need to have:
- 10+ years progressive experience in technology product management roles for industry leading companies, ideally in the collaboration and messaging space
- Strong presentation skills, and sales and marketing acumen to successfully engage senior internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Strong understanding of and/or experience with machine learning, statistical methods (or applied mathematics), and Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques
- Experience in defining workflows and user experience that simplify and clarify complex functions
- Ability to work cross-product and cross-functionally; setting agendas, navigating conflict, and breaking down large, complex business problems into discrete, achievable steps.
- Proven experience leading teams, providing oversight and direction, while fostering a spirit of shared values and vision
We'd love to see:
- Experience with the use of relational databases for data storage and analysis
- An innovative, strategic thinker capable of maximizing the opportunities of the product in a rapidly-changing and highly competitive market landscape.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.