Communications Manager - Wealth Management
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
Communications Manager - Wealth Management
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
General Profile :
• Work cross departmentally with all Eagle business partners and NYL business to ensure their messaging is appropriately positioned as it relates to our products, services, commitment to our clients, corporate values, and is compliant.
• Execute weekly and off cycle communications to the field force, management, and home office staff.
• Maintain the communications calendar and work with all Eagle business partners to level set delivery expectations.
• Collaborate with Eagle's senior leadership team to develop presentations that illustrate Eagle's value and progress in support of our Advisors as well a support their town hall program.
• Offer solutions on how to improve the audience experience based on analytics analysis, engagement with Eagle business partners, and drive change.
• Become the established Communications expert for Eagle and ensure consistent voice/branding is delivered across all communications programs.
• Build and maintain an automated system to receive communications requests.
• Evaluate ways to better leverage technology to improve Eagles communications program.
• Institute industry best practices where appropriate.
• Support professional development of junior employees and backup the marketing and communications lead when out of the office.
Functional Knowledge :
• Bachelors Degree, MBA Preferred
• Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience
• Well-rounded communications experience in the financial services industry
• Writing - a proven track record of taking large, complex concepts and presenting them in a concise manner that is easily understood
• Campaign experience - targeted campaigns and broad reaching ones. Able to leverage data to determine where campaign resources would be best utilized to drive awareness and revenue
• Ability to create (both written and designed) content that is targeted toward the affluent market
• Ability to present ideas and own the delivery from ideation through execution
• Highly personable and able to work across teams within and outside of NYL
• Ability to convey information through the use of infographics and design elements
Problem Solving : Ability to work with corporate partners to help build awareness for the communications process that includes setting expectations and clearly articulating their role and the role of their business partners.
Decision Making/ Nature of Impact : Responsibility for making and driving significant decisions that impact the strategy and performance within Wealth Management.
Communication Requirements : Communicates and negotiates with senior level of management to influence decisions around new solutions/platforms for the growth of Eagle Strategies.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.