Communications Analytics Analyst
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Global Corporate Communications – Communications Analytics Analyst
Are you a communications professional excited about digging into data? Do you want to develop your career as a communications professional while using analytics to drive better decision making and strategy? Are you interested in being at the forefront of measuring the impact of media on brand & reputation?
BlackRock’s Global Corporate Communications group is seeking an analyst to join the team with a focus on analytics to measure the effectiveness of our internal and external communications programs. This analyst will be involved in a broad range of communications activities, but also help lead efforts in leveraging data to measure performance and impact. This role will collaborate closely with communications colleagues and BlackRock’s data and analytics teams around the world.
Core Analytics Responsibilities
- Partner with members of the Global Corporate Communications team to establish goals and KPIs for communications programs that reach internal and external audiences
- Run and analyze day-to-day metrics for communications programs by using quantitative and qualitative analytics tools (e.g. impressions, relevancy, and customer journey) to evaluate performance
- Create reports and context around performance of communications programs – communicating insights and recommendations based on deep dive analyses
- Share learnings with communications colleagues across BlackRock – as well as marketing and business executives – to help them understand the metrics and influence strategic decision making
- Partner with the Marketing Analytics team on measuring the impact and effectiveness of communications programs as part of the marketing mix model
Other Core Responsibilities
In addition to the above principal responsibilities related to analytics, other core responsibilities will fall into two primary areas:
- Supporting the Americas Corporate Communications team on day-to-day media relations activities and reporting including building and maintaining media lists, monitoring news regarding BlackRock and assisting with spokesperson and media coordination
- Supporting Global Corporate Communications business management initiatives including finance and operations processes such as budgeting, forecasting, reporting and controls
Essential Skills / Experience
- Experience in interpreting, analyzing and making recommendations based on large data sets
- 2-3 years of either in-house or agency experience across corporate communications, media relations, internal communications, social media
- Experience with existing earned media data analytics tool, such as TrendKite and Adobe Analytics
- Experience in presenting findings and recommendations to management
- A balance of logical problem solving and innovative thinking
- Strong attention to detail and pride in delivering excellent output
- Collaborative with a positive, can-do attitude, adaptable and not above any task
- Ability to engage diverse set of stakeholders across a matrix organization, understand viewpoints and build long-term relationships
- Outstanding organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Expertise with MS Office and excitement around learning new tools
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.