Commodity Operations Manager
- Competitive + bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Trevose Partners Limited
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
Our client is a leading global investment bank with a strong footprint in London and Asia. They have an urgent requirement for a seasoned manager to join the bank to run America Commodities Operations. Initially you will play a major role in the build out of the CME clearing process and thereafter run the function on a BAU basis. This is a rare opportunity to join a bank with plans to build out their commodities clearing business and will appeal to candidates who feel their growth ambitions are no longer matched by their existing employer.
- Hands on management of commodities middle office / operations function
- Maintenance of broker, contract, accounts in the banks systems to ensure STP trade flow
- Top Day Trade Monitoring and allocations for CME (NYMEX, COMEX, CBOT) and LME
- Monitoring Lifecycle events on TAS trades
- Trade and Position Reconciliation against the CME
- Trade Validation (Inventory Financing and Commodity Derivatives)
- Experience in delivering change and removing obstacles to efficiency or improving the control environment
- Demonstrated ability to make quick, clear and effective decisions independently while operating within the banks control framework and risk appetite.
- Strong understanding of post trade clearing processes on CME required. Strong or sound understanding of ICE and LME processes preferred.
- Strong understanding of Futures, Listed and OTC Derivatives and Repo/financing structures.
- Understand PNL derivation for all trades to facilitate the identification of incorrect trade details and enhance understanding of the trades being done.
- In depth knowledge of the full end to end process management (Trade booking to trade settlement). This includes all the lifecycle events