- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 17 Dec 17 2017-12-17
SUMMARY: Gathers, reviews and analyzes various forms of financial data for the purpose of underwriting commercial loans up to $20 million. Monitors loans for covenant compliance. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Responsible for underwriting new commercial loans for loan size ranging to $20 million.
* Spread financial statements in Moody's Risk Origins.
* Review and analyze borrower financial information including corporate financial statements, tax returns, accounts payable and account receivable aging to determine strength of business and risk involved in deal.
* Run litigation, lien and Google searches.
* Review and analyze personal financial information for guarantors including personal financial statements, tax returns, real estate owned schedules, liquidity statements and credit reports to determine strength of guarantor.
* Contact with Lenders, Borrowers, Brokers, and CPAs to obtain and understand required financial information.
* Determine borrower, guarantor and facility risk rating and LIED.
* Complete approval memoranda for submission to Senior Credit Officer and Chief Credit Officer for review.
* Prepare facility letter for borrower or work with outside counsel to prepare.
* Review loan documents for adherence to credit approval. Follow up for any pre-funding conditions.
* Responsible for assembling virtual credit file and physical credit file in office.
* Review and analyze interim financial statements post-closing to monitor loan for covenant compliance.
* Quarterly updates of borrower and facility ratings on existing loan portfolio.
* Review and analyze monthly or quarterly account receivable aging reports, inventory reports and borrowing base certificates for compliance with advance rates.
* Responsible for the annual review of portfolio- including analysis of financial statements for covenant compliance and maintaining appropriate risk ratings.
* Approve overdrafts of borrower DDA as per authority
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors degree in business or finance and 3-5 years experience in commercial lending. Must have knowledge of federal banking regulations, commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and techniques, business loan documents, and credit and financial statement analysis. Must also have strong verbal and written communication skills and be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills.