Commercial Credit Review Officer III
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 17 Oct 18
Commercial Credit Review Officer III
SUMMARY: Assist the Commercial Credit Review Group Manager in conducting an ongoing objective and independent assessment of the overall quality of the bank's commercial loan portfolio through the identification, evaluation, measurement and reporting of commercial credit risk exposure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Assist in assessing the overall quality of the Bank's commercial loan portfolio and the adequacy of loan administration practices by reviewing, on an ongoing basis, a sufficient sampling of commercial credits.
* Assist in identifying actual and potential loan problems at the earliest possible time and making recommendations to remediate credit weaknesses.
* Assist in measuring compliance with established loan policies/procedures and with laws and regulations.
The above is accomplished more specifically by:
* Sampling non-homogeneous loans using risk-based selection criteria to determine the reliability of the loan review system.
* Performing an analysis/review of individual commercial credit files with the intent on determining their credit quality and validating the accuracy of the assigned credit risk rating. The reviews, among other things, will include: (1) an analysis of the borrower's financial statements or other information in order to determine the viability of the stated source(s) of repayment and the potential for default; and, (2) checking financial statement and/or collateral documentation to determine compliance with the bank's lending policies/procedures and laws and regulations.
* Documenting credit review reports with information supporting the risk rating determination and the adequacy of loan administration practices.
* Participating in targeted portfolio reviews of areas such as: Specific relationship managers, industries, lines of business, concentrations, or any other portfolio warranting closer and/or immediate scrutiny.
* Conducting reviews of significant past due or non-accrual loans.
* Discussing preliminary findings, conclusions and recommendations with appropriate lending officers.
* Participates in, and may have responsibility for, ad hoc project assignments associated with other departments or divisions within the bank.
* Other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the Commercial Credit Review Group Manager.
Commercial Credit Review Officer I: Reviews small loans of little complexity.
Commercial Credit Review Officer II: Reviews small to mid size loans of little to moderate complexity.
Commercial Credit Review Officer III: Reviews mid to large size loans of little to moderate complexity.
Commercial Credit Review Officer IV: Reviews large size loans of moderate to substantial complexity
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES - Commercial Credit Review Officer IV: May supervise projects or services and/or one or more employees, as applicable. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree or equivalent and
Commercial Credit Review Officer I: 0-2 years experience as a commercial loan officer/underwriter/reviewer
Commercial Credit Review Officer II: 2-4 years experience as a commercial loan officer/underwriter/reviewer
Commercial Credit Review Officer III: 4-6 years experience as a commercial loan officer/underwriter/reviewer
Commercial Credit Review Officer IV: 7+ years experience as a commercial loan officer/underwriter/reviewer
Supervisory Experience preferred.
Must have good accounting skills developed through formal college undergraduate courses (through intermediate accounting) or through acceptable alternative means such as AIB. Must have commercial credit and credit analysis experience and have been involved in the analysis of complex credits in both corporate lending and commercial real estate.