- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Commercial Cards Global Marketing/Events Manager
Commercial Cards Global Marketing/Events Manager
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Marketing
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18060749
This position is an opportunity for an individual to develop deep, subject matter knowledge of the TTS Commercial Cards product set and client-base, including defining key drivers of choice, competitive differentiation, satisfaction and business retention. The candidate will bring with them their previous career experiences and deploy their core marketing, communication and creative skills to help drive business development programs and initaitives that generate positive return on investment for the NA business.
The cards marketing role is one of the most strategic positions in the business which supports business strategy from end-to-end and touches all key business functions including product, account management, sales, operations, and implementations.
All NA cards marketing activity is funded by both the TTS NA Marketing and the NA Cards Product team, allowing for an annual marketing budget in excess of $1MM. As such, there is a strong alignment with the NA TTS marketing team as well as the global product group to ensure that business goals, across the cards team and TTS, as a whole, are being met effectively.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Client-facing Communications - Develop strategy, review/advise on content, facilitate all required approvals and execute all client-facing communications in partnership with the NA Product, NA Ops, Sales and Acount Management teams.
- Internal Communications - Maintain a steady stream of internal-facing communications designed to keep all client-facing teams informed about product developments, industry news, innovative client stories, newly created collateral and more. These communications can be in the form of quarterly "newsletters," ongoing notifications related to client communication campaigns underway and announcing new collateral availale for client consumption.
- Annual Commercial Cards Corporate Conference - Coordinate and execute the conference from end-to-end related to the annual Commercial Cards Corporate Conference which is typically attended by over 120 clients and 50 Citibank team members. This conference includes Roundtable sessions, over 40 unique sessions, a Client Advisory Board (CAB) meeting by invitation, social eveing events, keynote speakers during general sessions, etc. In partnership with the Global Event Management team, choose the appropriate hotel for the conference, facilitate the invitation and registration process amongst all attendees (Clients + Citi), create the agenda based on feedback from the Account management and product teams, host weekly planning calls to ensure that deliverables are being met in a timely fashion, advise all Citi team members of their responsibilities while on site, etc.
- GSA SmartPay Training Forum - Coordinate and execute the training forum from end-to-end, ensuring that all GSA requirements are met per the contract terms. This conference is attended by over 1200 Citi clients and 60 Citibank team members. The objective is to provide Citi clients with hands-on training of our reporting tools. During the conference, we offer over 140 classes, all of which are coordinated and scheduled by the NA cards marketing manager. During this conference, we also host individual client meetings and a computer lab - all of the details/sceduling around this are also managed by the person in this position.
- Industry Knowledge/Visibility - The cards marketing function is responsible for having strong industry knowledge in order to help create and facilitate event strategies and impactful client engagement opportunities to drive revenue and business growth. This person will facilitate Citi's participation in events like NAPCP, ACTE, GBTA and more. Many of these events are sponsored in order to help strengthen Citi's brand awareness. Any experience the marketing manager can provide in terms of how to continue expanding Citi's market presence is a huge benefit.
- NA Cards Marketing Budget Management - This position comes with over $1MM in annual budget used to facilitate marketing-related initiatives (i.e. the proprietary conferences, industry events, client collateral creation, advertising/thought leadership, etc.). It is required for this person to develop a strategic annual budget and then work through it during the year to ensure that all key marketing initiatives are paid for and executed appropriately. Detailed tracking of budget funds used is required.
- Case Study/Thought-Leadership Creation - the marketing manager is responsible for facilitating the creation of client-facing collateral including client case studies and other thought-leadership materials. Working in partnership with Product, Sales, Account Management and Client Ops, the marketing manager must help identify reasonable content topics, work with external copywriters to develop content, facilitate the approval process and work with branding to create the finished materials which are then shared internally and externally, using the appropriate channels.
- Other Proprietary events (CABs and Roundtables) - Plan for, coordinate and execute Citi proprietary events like the Client Advisory Board meetings and Client roundtables throughout the year. These intimate events allow Citi and our clients to get together (all across the country) to discuss various topics and product updates/feedback. The Client Advisory Board is made up of 20, hand-selected, client attendees and are treated as a focus group for us to run ideas by, gather feedback and ensure that we are effectively meeting their business needs. The roundtables bring together a variety of clients based on industry, to disucss various topics relevent to those particular clients. The idea is for them to meet with their peers, share ideas, best practices, etc. These events are usually 1 day long where meals, collateral, AV logistics, name tents, etc. are coordinated by the Marketing Manager.
- Client specific communications - The marketing manager will coordinate newsletters for the DoD and the Government where content is gathered and developed by the Federal Account Management team and then reviewed and edited by the marketing manager before approvals are sought and graphics is engaged. The marketing manager executes the communication in partnership with our external mail vendor, Cheetahmail.
Position Requirements include:
- Strong industry knowledge and visibility to help drive engagement with new clients and ensure Citi remains relevent with existing clients.
- 3+ years of prior product and/or marketing experience in transaction services or a related field
- BA in marketing/communications or relevant marketing experience
- Strong project management skills with a commitment to be highly organized and determination to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented to facilitate execution of client-facing materials and events
- A proactive and positive attitude
- Flexibiltiy in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to provide clear, detailed creative direction
- Ability to think creatively and use sound judgement when making business decisions
- Desire to continually challenge onself and drive marketing programs to the next level
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- The ability to drive marketing strategy of complex bank products
- The ability to plan for and manage a large dollar marketing budget annually.
- The ability to forge strong partnerships with internal teams and business functions in order to create client-facing collateral (in the form of white papers, case studies, press releases, and other thought-leadership pieces).