- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Commercial Card Processing Product Development
Commercial Card Processing Product Development
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18054363
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Citi Commercial Cards Global Product Development Team is responsible for leading and managing product development initiatives across Citi's Commercial Cards business globally. From concept definition through delivery, the Product Development Team is responsible for developing new product features, identifying cost efficiencies, crafting client solutions, and enhancing Citi's commercial cards product capabilities in order to drive business results, increase customer loyalty, and enhance Citi's competitive position. The Product Development Team works in partnership with Technology, Client Operations and regional product teams to develop and then execute against a comprehensive product road map.
The role is responsible for developing and executing against a global core processing strategy that delivers global product consistency and innovation while also continually improving operational efficiencies. The commercial card processing systems are the backbone that drive commercial card solutions, including (1) account issuance and transaction processing, (2) front end client management tools, (3) data delivery and reporting, and (4) back end operational processes and client servicing. The majority of product enhancements and new product innovation requires some degree of development on the global core processing systems. This role includes the sheparding of projects through the product development process with strong collaboration with a variety of regional and functional partners, other application owners, and outside organizations such as Visa and MasterCard.
- Lead product development efforts on core processing product development initiatives
- Deliver new and enhanced functionality in furtherance of the commercial cards product roadmap and overall business strategy
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and provide leadership in a cross-functional environment
The individual in this role will have the opportunity to develop the management, organization, and communication skills required to successfully manage complex, global, cross functional initiatives. The position also provides an opportunity to learn the details of how the commercial cards business operates from a technical and operational perspective.
Knowledge / Experience
- Minimum 15 years experience in the financial services sector including some credit card experience
- Commercial cards industry experience is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of credit card processors (e.g. TSYS, ECS+, First Data) is preferred but not required
- Experience in managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite
- Base process and data analysis skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Ability to think out of the box to come up with innovative solutions
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree, advanced degree preferred