Commercial Banking Engineering - Business Information Security Officer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 15 Oct 18
Commercial Banking Engineering - Business Information Security Officer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
What We Do At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. We change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas and solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Our engineering teams build scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategist groups, is at the critical center of our business. Our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. The Consumer and Commercial Banking Division (CCBD) brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. We make direct investments in and manage risk for a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. We help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital. Commercial Banking Commercial Banking, a business unit within CCBD, aims to provide comprehensive cash management solutions for corporations. CCBD Commercial Banking combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide the best client experience. Through the use of modern technologies centered on data and analytics, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to improve cash flow management efficiency.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Head of Technology Risk and Information Security will be responsible for managing the technology risk roadmap and working with a broad range of risk partners across the firm to implement/adopt security solutions. In this position, you will have tremendous impact and bring ideas about how to take our Technology Risk team to the next level.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Build the overall risk profile of the division and work with stakeholders to create a plan toward reducing risk exposure in an agile, collaborative, and well socialized manner.
• Provide advice to business & technology users on (1) understanding of relevant Technology Risk policies and standards and (2) principles of security & controls as defined by the firm's Technology Risk and Control Framework, and (3) adoption of secure and resilient solutions
• Maintain a thorough understanding of global, regional and local regulatory requirements that have technology impact
• Perform risk assessments to identify gaps in compliance to information security (application and infrastructure) & BCP standards and policies, for both internal technology solutions as well as solutions provided by third-party service providers
• Contribute to global, regional and local Technology Risk initiatives aimed at improving our baseline on information protection, resiliency and controls of technology processes and services • Provide clear and concise verbal and written recommendations and guidance to both business and technology staff on matters of Technology Risk Management
• Develop, maintain, and improve Technology Risk Program reflecting new emerging risks
• Promote and assist in the training & awareness of information security and BCP within the region
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 8+ years of technology experience in one or more of the following areas: Information Security, Technology Governance, Operational Risk, Technology Audit, Technology Infrastructure or Application Development
• 5+ years of experience in Information Security, BCP, Technology Controls or Technology Risk Management fields is a significant advantage
• Strong understanding of the technology implications of regulations
• Strong program and project management skills and technology expertise
• Ability to analyze internal and external processes and integration to understand risk
• Ability to assess and evaluate corporate risk tolerance and translate into goals and new processes including software engineering, IT teams, and other relevant stakeholders.
• Understanding of relevant audit and control standards and the ability to drive and maintain the compliance initiative across the organization
• Experience collaborating with a team of security experts on a diverse set of security topics including, but not limited to, security architecture, financial controls and regulatory compliance, identity and access management, penetration testing, data loss prevention, network security, security monitoring, white box testing/static code analysis, and building secure systems
• Experience with risk management methodologies such as, but not limited to, FAIR
• Experience in Financial Industry/Fintech is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.