Commercial Bank - Risk - Credit Risk Director
JPMorgan Chase & Co
. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firmwith assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader ininvestment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses,commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Acomponent of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. servesmillions of customers in the United States and many of the world's mostprominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morganand Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The Chase Middle Market Banking and Specialized Industries Group is part of JP Morgan Chase's Commercial Bank and focuses on companies with annual sa les of $20 million up to $500 million
The Credit Risk Director will be responsible for managing a team of Underwriters within the Specialized Industries' vertical business across the national footprint with a focus on Life Sciences. The candidate must be able to perform in a demanding, complex, and highly visible environment and should have experience with venture lending and early stage structures in Life Sciences and Medical Devices, tech-enabled Healthcare Services and Healthcare data sciences and disruptive delivery methods. The successful candidate must possess excellent managerial and people skills and must be a proven team player capable of training and developing a new staff within a heavily matrix environment.
This role will be a senior level position that will be focused full time on credit review and approval. Client focus is key as the Credit Risk Director deals with customers at any management level and assesses management quality. Individuals at this level must be capable of fully independent activity with the primary responsibility of approving credit and the credit quality of their portfolio. The candidate is involved with underwriting commitments for large and complex relationships, working with a large number of bankers. Additionally the candidate implements the policies and procedures necessary to achieve the mission of the Risk Organization and ensures they are being adhered to on an on-going basis. The Credit Risk Director's decisions have a major impact on portfolio quality and profitability.
- BA/BBA/ MBA and completion of a major corporate bank credit training program (or the equivalent corporate banking / corporate finance experience)
- Typically has 10 -15 years in banking and lending experience which includes credit, structuring and marketing.
- Proven leadership skills. Able to manage, coach and motivate a team of underwriters who are at varying levels of development.
- Possess significant analytical and finance skills in order to underwrite, guide and help structure complex and / or difficult credits.
- Preferably has the skills to build institutional credibility within JPMC's Risk organization and with other leaders across the business segment.