Commercial Bank - Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries (CCBSI) - Digital Product & Solutioning Strategy – VP/ED
Commercial Banking (CB) provides a full range of services including lending, treasury services, investment banking, commercial card and asset management products to meet its clients' domestic and international financial needs. CB's 1,800 bankers serve approximately 18,000 clients nationally, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities, with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion, and nearly 36,000 real estate clients, owners and investors. CB is the third largest commercial bank in the U.S., with over $200 billion in loans and $180 billion in deposits. In 2017, CB generated revenue and earnings of $8.6 billion and $3.5 billion, respectively.
The CCBSI Business Digital Strategy position within the JPMorgan Chase Commercial Banking team, reporting into the Head of CCBSI Business Transformation. The role requires a strategic, results-focused, innovative, influential and process-disciplined professional to help design and deliver new digital solutions and corporate banking products. This individual will collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders, including Sales to prioritize client segments and articulate their needs, as well as the treasury services product teams to shape solutions to address client needs.
The role requires facilitation of working sessions with key stakeholders, synthesis and articulation of findings and recommendations, driving change and consensus, presenting to senior leaders, and oversight of initiatives to ensure benefit realization.
- Partner with Treasury Services sales & product management to create compelling client segment specific value propositions for product solutioning, and inform marketing efforts
- Provide continuous feedback to Product teams of emerging trends in the market and client needs for product evolution
- Identify opportunities for 'product solutions of the future', and collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, detail, pilot and oversee execution of initiatives
- Inform solution architecture with product partners to ensure that solutions address opportunities
- For new digital solutions, lead end to end digital product cycle, from client and market research, innovation and business case development, design and pilot, marketing and product launch, analysis of performance metrics and continuous improvement
- Evaluate external trends spanning transaction banking, industry verticals, and emerging technologies to identify opportunities in Treasury and Wholesale payments
- Develop target state aspiration of CCBSI business - client journeys, banker tools, etc.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders across the CB to converge and align on recommendations
- Communicate regular updates to Commercial Bank Transformation and CCBSI stakeholders, including presentations, executive summaries, MVP demonstration and KPI progress
- Establish advisory relationships with key internal stakeholders and partner with strategy & Transformation teams across the Commercial Bank initiatives
- Previous expertise and a true passion for design thinking, digital transformation and technology innovation, with proven success designing and delivering complex, digital and product initiatives
- 6 years of experience designing and successfully leading transaction banking and digital product and change management programs
- Expertise in transaction banking products and solutions is strong plus
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or related Masters Degree is a plus
- Demonstrated experience managing and collaborating with multiple teams, coordinating across different cross-functional initiatives, and reaching consensus with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent judgement and decision-making ability
- Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels, in a peer-like way, and achieve goals without direct control over resources
- Successful track record setting and achieving challenging goals and demonstrating entrepreneurial leadership
- Outstanding ability to work well in cross-functional teams while coaching and developing other team members