Co-Chief Investment Officer, Alcentra
Job Purpose :
Key Responsibilities :
- Drive strong investment performance in all liquid Alcentra strategies including European and US CLOs, high yield, bank loans and multi-asset credit portfolios
- Help develop and implement Alcentra's business strategy to grow in the alternative credit market
- Assist the CEO in transforming the Alcentra culture and brand from being a reliable credit expert to a dynamic credit partner focused on collaboration, creativity and commitment
- Serve as a thought partner and sounding board to the CEO on all manner of business issues
- Drive better coordination with our parent, BNY Mellon, to leverage their extensive global resources to drive business performance
Nature of the Work:
- Oversee the credit process at Alcentra from idea generation to execution, including diligence, approval and monitoring
- Chair one or more investment committees
- Work with the team on continued improvements to drive alpha
- Jointly lead the portfolio management effort in the US and Europe consisting of five liquid credit PMs and their teams
- Maintain a regular dialogue on asset-allocation, credit selection and risk
- Jointly lead the credit research effort in the US and Europe, supervising over 15 dedicated research analysts
- Actively participate on various internal efforts and committees including trade management, valuation, liquidity and risk
- Represent Alcentra to stakeholders including BNY sales teams, BNY Wealth Management, outside investors and consultants
- Support development of new products and strategies
- Serve as a principal spokesperson for Alcentra's liquid strategies to the trade press and general media
- Maintain relationships with providers of financing and CLO arrangers
- Manage in all aspects of human capital management and development including performance reviews, compensation and the hiring of experienced team members.
- Evaluate new business opportunities including possible acquisitions and business partnerships
- This executive possesses a track record of meeting crucial deadlines, progress goals, and is accustomed to work hours similar to high performance professional service firms.
- This role carries a high degree of responsibility and decision-making ability.
- Limited travel is required as the presence and day-to-day actions of this person are central to the team and business.
Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree or CFA preferred. 15+ years of total work experience preferred with 5-7 years of management experience preferred. Incumbent is a seasoned administrator, money manager, and investment strategies. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business. As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.' BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Asset Management Organization:
Alcentra Group-HR13364 Requisition Number: