Cloud Network Development Manager
The BNYM Data and Analytics Solutions Network Services Group (NSG) is looking for a Cloud Network Development Manager that can build and lead a team of highly talented network developers. This team is responsible for developing and supporting internal and external facing cloud networking products for BNYM. In addition, this team is focused on automating and orchestrating the network infrastructures in our public, private, and hybrid cloud networks that supports our SaaS offerings. Description
Candidates must have proven experience leading cloud development teams and automating against public/private cloud technologies. The Cloud Network Development Manager will also act as a product manager for 10 different networking products. Your team will be responsible for defining the product offerings, backlogs, and roadmaps.
Your team will help drive strategy, design, build, support, and most importantly automate cloud networking products across Azure, OCI, GCP, and AWS. This individual will lead a team of engineers and developers that will manage Python and Terraform scripts that will interact with APIs in all four major clouds, Cisco APICs, Infoblox, and Citrix NetScalers and more. In addition, candidates must be able to develop and work within a CICD pipeline run by Jenkins Responsibilities
- Managing a high performance network development team
- Product management for 10+ cloud networking products
- Identify opportunities for automation within software processes
- Gather requirements from clients, customers or end-users to develop the best automation solutions
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Maintain proficiency with Eagle infrastructure and applications including automation and orchestration.
- Drive enhancements throughout full life-cycle from concept to final implementation.
- Participate in the creation and enhancement of standards and development practices.
- Participate and provide insight in the development of future enterprise solutions.
- Design, build, deploy and support platforms and tools across the Eagle Cloud Platform
Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for designing and developing solutions to application problems, system administration issues, or infrastrucutre concerns. Directs systems management and integration functions. Defines the methodology of the department and plans management and engineering releases. Develops business plans and implements long range projects. Directs implementation and maintenance activities for multiple computer system software and configurations. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Develops metrics to qualify and quantify success and value to the business. Advises application development leadership in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues. Serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Develops, maintains, and implements the configuration management plan, procedures, and the execution of all configuration matters. Evaluates new technologies for the company environment and coordinates with technology vendors that span multiple technology and infrastructure areas. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages one or more infrastructure operations teams. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Maintain senior level business and operations relationships to ensure business needs are addressed.Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
Desirable Background and Skills
- 10+ years managing and leading teams
- 5+ years experience required in leading teams in modern development practices and cloud automation.
- 5+ years cloud product management
- 5+ years experience automating infrastructures with Python and/or Terraform
- 2+ years experience designing/building/operating virtual infrastructure in Azure, AWS, GCP, or OCI
- 5+ years experience of Scrum experience
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with remote teams.
- Strong interest and abilities associated with the automation of processes.
- Proactive, independent problem-solver who likes to be challenged, continuously learning and improving.
- Solid understanding of computer science, systems administration (Windows, Linux, Virtualization).
- Experience with system design, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to work effectively within an Agile framework
- Software-Defined Network (SDN) and Software-Defined WAN (SDWAN) deployment experience
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Developing and operating a CI/CD pipeline for cloud changes
- A degree or certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- ITILv3 Certification.
- Knowledge of network configuration protocols - NETCONF, YANG, REST-CONF, etc a plus.
- Significant programming experience in any applicable language and understanding of REST API's.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (i.e. Puppet, Ansible, Rundeck, Chef).
- Knowledge or experience with Disaster Recovery concepts.
- Knowledge or experience with enterprise service and host monitoring.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Architecture And Data-HR16450 Requisition Number: