- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 24 May 18
Cloud Engineer - (Vice President) #109377
The Quantitative Trading team manages the QT Fund Ltd with the investment objective to deliver a consistent, low volatility, positive return stream with limited drawdowns.
The Investment Manager seeks to achieve this objective by developing and running a variety of quantitative, systematic trading and investment strategies. Specifically, the Investment Manager's personnel formulate hypotheses about the drivers of asset returns and apply a rigorous scientific approach to design, develop, implement and manage strategies around these hypotheses.
At a high level, the trading strategies can be classified as:
Systematic Strategies - These capitalize on opportunities that are identified through quantitative analysis of a wide array of historical data. Portfolios are optimized to balance Sharpe Ratio, return, and trading costs.
Market Liquidity Strategies - These react to real-time demand for securities by providing liquidity to offset such short-term demand. They use appropriate hedging instruments to offset risk and liquidate the combined risk exposures over a medium-term timeframe.
The QT Fund leverages the teams' core expertise by focusing on strategies with typical holding periods ranging from
- The chance to work in a dynamic trading environment, on the trading desk as an application developer and support staff member for the QT Fund Ltd.
- Ideal opportunity for someone with engineering and or a quantitative background who wants to work directly with the front office.
- Staff member will design, develop and implement systematic tools and strategies for the QT fund.
- Staff member will work with the portfolio managers and desk management to design/develop automated solutions for trading, risk monitoring, research processes etc.
- Interact with IT infrastructure teams in developing and implementing solutions to help grow the QT fund.
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred; MS degree desired
- 5+ or more years of corporate IT implementation experience
- Experience working with business customers face to face, driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies required
- Integration of leading cloud providers (Azure, Google, Amazon) services with on-premises technologies from Microsoft, Oracle, HP, etc.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (e.g. security, privacy, SOX, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, knowledge of the primary cloud services
- Proven track record of implementing cloud services in a variety of distributed computing environments
- Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (e.g. shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Configuration management tools
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications