Thought Machine's mission is bold - to properly and permanently rid the world's banks of legacy technology. To achieve this, we have developed the foundations of modern banking and built core and payments technology which runs natively in the cloud. What we are attempting is hard and means we need great people working together to build great technology.
We have grown rapidly in the past few years - growing our team to more than 500 individuals across offices in London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and Melbourne. We have raised more than $500m in funding and are now valued at $2.7bn. Our investors include Nyca Partners, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase, Temasek, Molten Ventures, Eurazeo, Intesa Sanpaolo, Standard Chartered, and more.
We have created a culture enabling our team to produce the best work in the industry, ensuring we have fun along the way. We're regularly cited as having a great workplace culture and, in 2022, were named the number one place to work in New York City by Crain's New York Business Magazine. We are also listed in Crain's 2022 Fast 50 - as one of the fastest-growing businesses in New York City.
Client Services is one of the main Divisions of Thought Machine and is responsible for managing all of our client programs, global partnerships with external parties and our marketplace of product and integration definitions.
The Client Site Reliability Engineer role in Client Services will be responsible for enabling and supporting our clients to deliver a best in class cloud native implementation of Thought Machine Vault products on client or Thought Machine hosted infrastructure, from presales to production at scale. This role supports clients in their cloud infrastructure preparation, deployment, optimization and troubleshooting. DUTIES
- Hands on cloud infrastructure consulting both on client site and remote
- Working with customers and external partners to design and prepare suitable cloud infrastructure to ensure Thought Machine Vault products can be tested and run successfully at scale. Includes planning for high availability, disaster recovery, backup, redundancy, capacity and security.
- Deploying and configuring Thought Machine Vault products on client, SaaS and internal cloud infrastructure
- Developing deep understanding of and advising clients on optimisation of cloud infrastructure for overarching implementation of Vault, including advising on systems outside of Vault to empower holistic digital transformation in collaboration with Thought Machine Client Architects
- Supporting and troubleshooting client, SaaS and internal cloud infrastructure both remotely and on site, including by promoting and deploying suitable monitoring, logging and alerting tools
- Working closely with internal product and engineering teams to ensure client feedback is incorporated into improvements to the product and platform
- Supporting the Thought Machine Commercial Team and Cloud Provider Partners in answering infrastructure queries and challenges in the presales cycle
- Experience in supporting production systems for high profile, mission critical systems, ideally for a tier 1 financial institution.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Hands on experience of Linux/Unix administration, e.g. Ubuntu, Debian, Kafka, Postgres SQL, Kubernetes, Istio
- Experience with automation/configuration management, e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience of enterprise secrets management systems, e.g. HashiCorp Vault, AWS secrets manager
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Experience with at least two and associated certifications for at least one of the following:
- AWS (ideally certified Solutions Architect Professional)
- GCP (ideally certified Professional Cloud Architect)
- Azure (ideally certified Solutions Architect Expert)
- Experience with hybrid cloud technologies including OpenShift, Google Anthos, AWS EKS Anywhere, AWS Outposts
- A strong background in Go, Python or Java
- Experience with CockroachDB, AlloyDB, Aurora
- Experience with observability tools, e.g. Prometheus, Grafana
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus incentive
- 20 days holiday + public holidays
- All the latest tech you need
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
Salary Range - $120,000 - $190,000 - This offer is based on relevant experience
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.