- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Client Service Officer
Client Service Officer
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Coverage
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18061305
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization
CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
Service Maintenance and Contribute to Business Growth
• Deliver wealth management services to CPB HNW/UHNW clients with guidance from the Banker teams.
• Manage and execute client transactions with respect to business and individual banking, credit and investment products. Ensure transactions are completed within audit and compliance standards as well as timely.
• Be attentive and diligent in daily work habits to recognize fraudulent transactions.
• Take ownership of client investigations (e.g., statement reporting issues and pricing inquiries) and collaborate with operational and middle office teams to ensure effective resolution.
• Coordinate account maintenance for all products and reporting including address changes, telephone number updates, account status changes, rates and fee waivers.
• Enforce banking policies and procedures to ensure operational integrity while maintaining high client satisfaction.
• Proactively arrange and participate in client visits and perform service quality check-in calls to clients.
• Identify and document new business opportunities for referral to banker or product specialist.
• Perform responsibilities through proficient use Citi applications.
• Participate in service related process improvements
• 5-7 years of experience in the financial industry is preferable
• Client facing experience; strong background and interest in the fields of operations and compliance
• Knowledge of investments, banking, and credit products preferred
• Ability to establish relationships and partner effectively with various groups including sales, service, operations, and compliance
• High level of integrity and commitment to maintaining confidentiality with respect to the franchise and the client
• Demonstrate initiative without compromising compliance or confidentiality
• Ability to multi-task with strong organizational and time management skills per the needs of banker teams and clients
• Ability to problem solve and analyze data with demonstration of attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency and aptitude in utilizing systems, MS Office, web based and other desktop applications
Qualifications and Education
• Licensing: Series 7 and 66/63 (All new hires are required to obtain Series 7 and 66/63 licenses)
• BA/BS Degree and relevant financial services experience preferred