Client Onboarding and Regulatory Services - Client Outreach Specialist - Regulatory Projects
ISGPO Client Operations - Client Outreach Specialist/Director - Regulatory Projects
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Director/ Operations Specialist for the Client Outreach team. The team is responsible for conducting client outreach campaigns regarding key regulatory changes and obtaining any necessary information or documentation from clients in order to meet regulatory requirements. Key stakeholders are our Fixed Income & Commodities, International Equities & Prime Brokerage and Wealth Management businesses. The team partners closely with Non Market Risk, Sales, BRM, Sales, Legal & Compliance, IT, and other Operations teams across the Firm to deliver on our outreach programs.
The Outreach Operating Model includes Project Development, Data Management, Client Communication and Outreach, Query Management, Management Reporting and Metrics, Project Completion and Post Compliance Implementation.
- Independently manage the life cycle of a regulatory client project, including the supervision of consultants working remotely from vendor locations to manage large volume client communications.
- Track and consolidate progress in an organized and concise manner, including the development of detailed and automated project metrics.
- Represent the team at Working Groups and Steering Committee meetings, providing progress updates.
- Represent the firm at Industry Working Groups such as ISDA, Markit and Dealogic for the implementation of utility platforms.
- Advise internal stakeholders on emerging issues, troubleshoot problems and collaborate on solutions.
- Communicate with focus clients and sales coverage to provide regulation guidance and obtain necessary information and/or documentation for regulatory requirements.
- Act as an escalation point for any issues regarding client communications; interact with Legal & Compliance and business managers to develop FAQs and standard responses to common themed queries.
- Research client organizational structures to determine whether documents received are applicable
- Review client account populations to identify nature of transactions, name changes or whether closures are applicable.
- Reconcile differences among large data sets and communicate discrepancies to internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and relevant Operations team to develop business as usual processes and procedures, where applicable, and provide training during the transition phase. Qualifications:
- Exceptional problem solving skills, ability to independently assess and identify plans for resolution
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize time accordingly
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Client relationship skills and experience in communicating with external clients
- Excellent Microsoft office skills required, specifically Microsoft Excel (v-lookup, pivot tables, macros), PowerPoint
- Strong ability to manage large data sets in order to develop project trackers and metrics
- Visio and Microsoft Access skills desired
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and adapt to the needs of the team as they arise
- Knowledge of Regulatory Programs ? SEC Swap Dealer Rules, LIBOR Transition, QFC
- Regulatory remediation, AML, or client reference data experience a plus
- College/University degree or equivalent with a business focus and relevant/proven experience