Client Billing Associate - NYC
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 May 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock Data Services
Technology & Operations
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. BlackRock currently has more than $5 trillion AUM and approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets.
BlackRock Data Services (BDS) is entrusted with maintaining all data integral to the investment decision process, for BlackRock the Investment Manager and its BlackRock Solutions (BRS) business, in our proprietary Aladdin® end-to-end investment platform. BDS closely partners with its stakeholders, such as Portfolio Management, Global Capital Markets, Relationship Management, Portfolio Compliance, Risk Analytics, Regulatory Reporting, and others, to ensure their business data needs are met accurately, timely, and efficiently.
The BDS philosophy is anchored on BlackRock’s cornerstone principles: Innovation, Fiduciary focus, Passion for Performance, and the unified purpose of One BlackRock. Through that lens, we strive to build value for our clients by understanding their needs, the markets, and using technology to create best in class solutions. As a global team, BDS has presence across 12 offices in 8 countries, servicing more than $17 trillion in AUM on Aladdin for BlackRock and BRS clients spanning 6 continents and all spectrums of the financial markets.
Client Invoicing Services (CIS) within BDS provides management and performance fee invoices primarily for institutional separate account clients located in the Americas, EMEA and APAC (excluding Japan). Additionally, CIS makes payments to our Intermediary partners for distribution and record keeping services on behalf of our Retail and Liquidity Funds. Global CIS teams are currently located in New York, Wilmington, Edinburgh, Gurgaon and Budapest, producing approximately 6000 invoices on a quarterly basis. Many invoice calculations are complex due to agreed fee terms and client structures. The team is undergoing significant change in both staffing and systems creating a dynamic and challenging environment for team members.
This role is primarily responsible for onboarding institutional separate accounts for invoicing purpose and retail fund intermediary supplemental service agreements for payment processing. An essential part of the role is good communication both internally with BlackRock relationship managers, Finance and other parts of operations, as well as externally with clients and intermediaries, so a highly professional standard of conduct is expected at all times. As experience grows, the successful candidate will assume an expanded range of responsibilities.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and represent CIS leading discussions about fee arrangements and recommending business sound and operationally feasible solutions
- Supervise team members and provide oversight and guidance
- Prepare various metrics and status reports
- Manage various workflows and monitor status on an on-going basis
- Monitor and assign tasks and requests to team members
- Coordinate with various groups (e.g., Business, On-boarding, Contracting, Billing and Revenue Accounting teams etc.) to on-board, maintain and off-board client accounts from billing perspective throughout the life cycle of client accounts
- Understand billing arrangements and provide comments, suggestions and sign-off for billing language to be included in contracts
- Set up, maintain and off-board client billing information accurately various systems in a timely matter so revenue accruals and invoicing can be performed properly and timely
- Provide timely response and resolution to support daily operations, such as billing set-up changes and error investigation
- Provide timely response and resolution to internal and clients inquiries
- Monitor various errors and exception reports and address issues timely
- Identify and track open items, provide timely status update to team and supervisors
- Identify and escalate issues or concerns to management as needed
- Continually review and improve the process
- Assist with audit requests
- Actively support/manage ad hoc projects/issues, as necessary
- Provide exceptional client service to BlackRock’s Strategic Clients; continually looking for opportunities to improve the client service level and enhance the client experience with BlackRock
- Relationship building with multiple teams across Technology, Operations, Finance and ICB on a day to day basis
- Provide support team and managers across a wide range of team activities and functions
- Bachelor's degree is required, with preference to Business, Accounting or Finance
- Requires 5+ years related experience, preferably in financial services in a similar role with focus on operational delivery
- 2+ year supervisory experience
- Previous experience working in a Billing department / Operations function of an institutional investment management business is a big plus
- Strong leadership
- Strong influential presentation to successfully facilitate on-boarding process
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple requests / deadlines simultaneously
- Strong problem solving skills and process improvement skills
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong internal and external customer focus
- Comfortable with learning new technology
- Keen attention to detail and ability to double check own work to ensure accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Works well under pressure
- Self-motivated and a desire to take ownership of their work
- Proactive, detail-oriented, self-directed, and ability to work well in fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Solid work ethic
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including data manipulation, creation of pivot tables, and v-lookups
- Travel : No
- Direct Reports: Depends
- Licenses: No
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.