Client Account Manager (VP)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management, together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 714 investment professionals around the world and $665 billion in assets under management or supervision as of June 30, 2020. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide. Team Profile
The Client account Management team are responsible for all aspects of client management for the North America client base invested across a wide range of products via both segregated accounts and pooled vehicles. To be successful in the role they will be required to collaborate with a number of internal groups on a global basis including Investment teams, Operations, Sales, Legal and Compliance, and experience in a similar position will be vital. Primary Responsibilities
Qualifications: S k ills re q uir e d
- Facilitation of the onboarding of new clients and associated internal stakeholder management
- AML coordination
- Coordination of new Investment Management Agreements, Subscription Agreements and Amendments
- Host weekly cross functional review meeting to monitor and provide status updates on new accounts
- Organization and hosting of Operational Due Diligence Meetings
- Ongoing client support responding to client queries
- Internal Coordination of client related issues working closely with the relevant teams including sales, investments, operations, legal and compliance
- Tracking of IMA Obligations
- 7-10 years of experience in the Asset Management Industry
- Bachelor's degree
- A proactive and innovative approach to client relationships with a proven track record in Client Relationship Management.
- Experience of servicing an institutional client base
- Good understanding of Investment Management Operations, legal, compliance and custody relationships
- Strong additional to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the business.
- Experienced in presentation
- Strong understanding of equity, fixed income and alternative investments
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- A track record of delivering innovative business solutions to clients' needs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and organized
- Must be a team player with the ability to also work effectively independently
- Ability to represent the firm professionally with internal and external clients