- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Jul 18
Cleared Derivatives Attorney (#115254)
In this role, you will provide legal coverage to the prime services cleared and listed derivatives business, as well as to other businesses that transact in listed and cleared derivatives. The role involves providing US legal and regulatory advice to front office colleagues and key functional support groups on a range of rules, regulations and issues relevant to various aspects of sales, trading and operations, including statutes such as the Commodity Exchange Act, Dodd Frank Act, and rules and regulations promulgated by the CFTC, NFA, SEC, FINRA, SRO's, as well as issues arising under the NY UCC and U.S. Bankruptcy Code. You will also provide advice on cross-border issues that impact U.S. and non-U.S. market structures, as well as the impact of non-US regulations (i.e., MIFID II and MIFIR) on US businesses.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- J.D. and member of the Bar of the State of New York
- You have acquired three plus years of financial services legal experience in law firm or broker dealer/investment banking firm, derivatives experience is a plus
Required skills include:
- You possess strong communication (verbal/writing) skills
- You are adept at developing interpersonal relationships
- You are skilled at reviewing and negotiating agreements
- You are experienced at examining and analyzing rules and regulations
- You have a strong desire to learn and partner with team members and internal clients