Citi Private Bank - Investment Associate
The Investment Assoc Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual. Responsibilities:
- The role of the Investment Associate is to provide a wide variety of service and investment advice to an Ultra High Net Worth client base within the United States. The position focuses on servicing clients of Citi Private Bank by understanding their investment objectives and working in partnership with senior team members to deliver investment solutions.
- Help support the senior members of the investment team in their delivery of investment solutions to clients.
- Monitor and provide guidance on the markets to internal and external clients, incorporating the views of The Private Bank's Investment Committee.
- Prepare investment policy statements for prospective clients
- Analyze economic trends/activities and advise the effects on the investors' portfolios
- Recommend changes to the investors' holdings after evaluating the economic, financial and market factors and the potential impact on the investors' portfolios.
- Develop relationships and generate ideas with the bankers and clients that will lead to the growth of the asset base
- In support of senior team members, engage clients on investment themes and solutions, and assist in the execute of the investment solutions and trades.
- Attend internal and external meetings to stay current on financial markets, and products and services offered by Citi Private Bank.
- Adhere to a specific prospecting code of conduct, which (1) permits acquiring new private client accounts only by referral or personal contact with an individual seeking to do business and (2) prohibits seminars, mail campaigns, cold calling and any other methods of solicitation.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree with concentration of economics, finance or business administration; Professional experience or related occupation.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and clients; excellent written and communication skills, able to work without direction, self-motivated
- US: S7, S66 (or S63/S65); NOTE: Securities Industry Exam (SIE is a prerequisite to the S7)
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Private Client Product Services Job Family:
Investment Counselor Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting