Chief Technology Officer, ESG ("Environmental, Social, Governance")
The Chief Technology Officer of ESG will play a central role in advancing ESG at S&P Global. The CTO will be responsible for building a leading technology platform dedicated to ESG products and solutions. The CTO's primary mission will be to ensure that the developed technology platform fully serves our ESG business strategy. The ESG space is a fast-moving area and the CTO will be responsible for building a technology organization that is nimble and adaptable to meet business needs.
This new role will have a combination of strategic oversight, execution responsibilities, and decision-making authority on technology. The desired candidate will have a balance of working in entrepreneurial organizations with rapid prototyping while also having some experience in navigating large organizations with a number of stakeholders. The CTO will work alongside senior management in developing the product vision, executing on the launch of new product lines and ensuring competitive advantages with the help of cutting edge technology solutions and team. Technology will become a competitive advantage of the overall ESG initiatives and the CTO will be responsible for creating a culture of innovation and execution.
The CTO will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer of ESG. Core Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Oversee the build out of the new ESG technology organization
- Develop technical aspects of the ESG strategy to ensure alignment with business goals and growth.
- Collaborate with company leadership and cross-functional product and technology teams to form technology roadmaps in support of a unified ESG Product Plan.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage by identifying potential leading-edge products and solutions to meet current challenges and opportunities.
- Develop analytic tools, leverage unstructured data and deploy end-user interfaces using visualization and other core technologies
- Develop and monitor key metrics to assess technology platform
- Oversee technology strategy, infrastructure and technical teams and be responsible for technology budget
- Significant relevant industry experience including senior technology leadership roles focused on developing technology solutions that allow for execution of business strategy
- Experience standing up and leading new teams with strong entrepreneurial instinct
- Highly developed skills in navigating a complex, global organization
- Results oriented aptitude to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong influencing skills with ability to work effectively across teams and champion inclusivity
- Advanced communication skills. This includes the ability to simplify complex concepts and messages to the essential components and deliver these effectively to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all senior members of the ESG leadership to foster a positive and team oriented culture.
- Preference, although not requirement, for knowledge of the ESG market
102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259484 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States