A leading Chinese investment bank is looking to add the chief economist covering US to be based in the New York office. The ideal candidate needs to have Ph.D degree in Economics or related subjects from a reputable university, have deep understanding of the US macro-economy, and extensive work experience with international organizations (IMF, World Bank), central banks (Fed) and/ or global investment banks. Native English is preferred. Experience in monetary policy research is preferred.
- The role will be responsible for conducting studies mainly on the US economy and global capital markets.
- identify and evaluate economic trends and their impadct on capital markets
- formulate forecasts of future economic developments
- preparing analytical reports for internal and external disbribution
- identify and communicate actionable investment ideas to the sales team and institutional clients.