- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Chief Auditor Consumer and Corporate Compliance
Chief Auditor Consumer and Corporate Compliance
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Other Location: United States,South Carolina,Fort Mill
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19029621
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi Internal Audit is a dynamic global function of nearly 1,800 professionals located across more than 60 countries, covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers through its network in 98 countries. Through a culture of continuous improvement, Citi IA is focused on maintaining its position as a best in class IA function and is committed to investing in people, learning and development, innovation and methodology programs.
The Internal Audit mission is to provide independent, objective, reliable, valued and timely assurance to the Board, senior management and regulators of Citigroup and Citibank (and its subsidiaries), over the effectiveness of culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management, and controls that mitigate current and evolving risks and to enhance the control environment.
The function is made up of multiple teams covering each of Citi's product and functional areas, as well as dedicated teams for IA Operations, IA Innovation and IA Quality Assurance.
Citi operates in over 100 countries and provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products. Citi strives to create the best outcomes for clients and customers with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsive.
Leads Citi IA's risk based audit approach to provide timely, complete, high quality and forward looking assurance over the culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management and control framework. As an IA Chief Auditor covering Consumer and Corporate Compliance, actively contributes to Citi IA being one of the leading IA functions in the financial services industry. Proactively manages IA's relationships with key business stakeholders, including senior management, management committees, CCOs and regulators. Establishes IA as a trusted function whose views are valued and respected. Owns the IA brand within Citi and the marketplace, acts as a thought leader and drives the quest to be acknowledged as a competitive advantage, impactful and relevant. Ultimately, this role helps ensure there are no material corporate surprises and that the business manages current and future risks in line with the successful achievement of strategic business plans, whilst operating within all applicable regulatory and legal requirements. The role reports to the Chief Auditor for Compliance and AML.
• IA Compliance and AML Leadership Team- Is a member of the IA Compliance and AML Leadership Team and actively contributes to maintaining Citi IA as one of the leading IA functions in the financial services industry. Key areas of focus include: strategy, methodology, innovation, quality control, thought leadership and human capital management.
• Consumer and Corporate Compliance Executive Management - Proactively interacts with executive management to provide credible challenge and positively influence the regional culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management and control frameworks across the end to end business activities within Consumer and Corporate Compliance. Escalates significant issues on a timely basis, including the adequacy of corrective action. Contributes to the articulation and assessment of emerging risks and issues across the business, engages with the executive management and provides input to strategic dialogues.
• Consumer and Corporate Compliance IA view and audit coverage - Maintains an understanding of the industry market, legal and regulatory requirements, Citi business activities and material developments to ensure IA activity is sufficient and relevant to delivering timely assurance over material risks and business areas within Consumer and Corporate Compliance. Provides an ongoing opinion on the adequacy of the regional culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management and control disciplines. Helps orchestrate consistent high quality IA activity across Citi IA.
• Global regulatory relationships - Helps manage IA's regulatory relationships resulting in constructive 2-way dialogue, trust in the IA function and general reliance being placed on IA's audit work. Meets specific regulatory requirements relating to IA whilst following the standard IA coverage model to the greatest extent possible
• Management Committees and Forums - Provides impactful, valuable and ongoing IA input through active participation and formal reporting at key committees and meetings. Promote knowledge sharing and promulgation of best practices across IA and Citi.
• IA team - Attracts, develops, motivates and retains a highly diverse and effective regional IA team. Works with the global IA Chief Auditors to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of IA resources, taking into consideration the costs and experience of local and global auditors as well as leveraging different audit approaches and innovative audit tools. Identifies and develops talent providing long term career opportunities within IA and other parts of Citi.
• Executive presence and expert in building and maintaining strong open relationships with executive stakeholders, working as a partner and exerting influence in a constructive manner.
• Advanced understanding of culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management and control frameworks in leading international organizations.
• Ability to quickly comprehend the true risks of complex global issues, escalate to the appropriate level and provide advice on pragmatic commercial solutions.
• Thought leader in current IA best practice, innovative IA developments and leading the design and delivery of quality risk based forward looking audit plans. Experience of successfully managing major transformational projects.
• Outstanding performer, open minded, resilient, agile, energetic, self-starter, articulate and empathetic whilst being confident to deliver opinions to bring about positive outcomes.
• Proven and progressive business, audit, accountancy or other broad relevant experience, preferably including the regional market and regulatory environment (15- 20 years preferred).
• Strong leadership skills including a track record of identifying and developing world class talent. Experienced in leading large dispersed professional teams.
• Educated to degree level and holder of a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CA, CPA, ACA or CIA).