Central Compliance, AVP
The Americas Legal and Compliance Department ("ALCD") manages legal and compliance risk in the United States for Mizuho Bank, Ltd. and its U.S. subsidiary bank, Mizuho Bank (USA). ALCD also provides legal and compliance support services to Mizuho Americas LLC, the U.S. bank holding company for Mizuho Financial Group. ALCD is divided broadly into two main functions: the Legal function, which manages legal risk by providing transactional and litigation support, and the Compliance function, which manages compliance and regulatory risk by establishing compliance policies, providing training, advising on U.S. regulatory matters, monitoring anti-money laundering ("AML") and know your customer ("KYC") matters, conducting compliance reviews, and coordinating regulatory examinations. Summary
The company is seeking an Assistant Vice President to provide support to the Central Compliance Team Head. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft compliance policies and procedures covering Mizuho Bank, Ltd. and Mizuho Bank (USA) and coordinate implementation across Mizuho Americas LLC
- Develop compliance training materials and assist with administering Mizuho's compliance training program
- Provide project, policy, and advisory support on anti-money laundering and other financial crime risk
- Assist with review and reporting of compliance violations
- Monitor and review regulatory developments to manage regulatory compliance and regulatory change risk
- Advise business on various U.S. regulatory matters
- Take an active role in supporting Compliance senior management on Bank-wide special projects/assignments
- Certain key areas of coverage include:
- Compliance Policies and Procedures
- Code of Conduct
- Anti-money laundering
- Entertainment and Gifts
- Regulatory Change Risk Management
- Conflicts of Interest
- Compliance Hotline
- 5 + years of experience in the compliance department of a large U.S. bank or large U.S. office of a foreign bank would be welcomed
- Prior experience at a U.S. holding company level of a foreign bank or at a U.S. broker-dealer/investment banking subsidiary of a foreign bank would also be welcomed
- Bachelor degree required
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Time management and multitasking skills required
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.