Capital and Liquidity Manager - Investment Banking & Capital Markets
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The Investment Bank & Capital Markets ("IBCM") Finance team is looking to add a Vice President to the Capital & Liquidity Management (CALM) team. The CALM team is a strategic function that manages the development and execution of the investment strategy in support of M&A, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets and other business divisions. The team is responsible for managing capital, liquidity and funding requirements associated with business investments with the primary goal of optimizing profitability and return on investment.
The Vice President on this team will have an opportunity to help build the strategy of CALM team, while playing a lead in the execution that strategy. As a result, they will be in a position to influence IBCM's strategy. This individual will daily coordinate with IBCM's Executive Committee members, business heads and partners around the firm who manage capital, liquidity and funding. Responsibilities:
- Day to day management of IBCM's capital and liquidity forecasting; this includes key regulatory capital metrics such as Risk Weighted Assets (RWA), Leverage Exposure, Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) and Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR)
- Development of plans / investment proposals; often quarterly or annual proposals that are developed by the division and evaluated by key firm-wide operating committees
- Oversight of regular forecast and long-term financial plan projections, and coordination with key partners across the firm
- Coordinate with CS Group Treasury and Capital management functions
- Development of models to support strategic financial analysis (profitability, return modeling, etc.)
- Delivery of strategic analysis and presentations for divisional and firm-wide management along with contributions to CS' external reporting
- Opportunity to represent IBCM in key governance forums
We are seeking a highly committed, innovative professional with 5+ years of experience in relevant subject matter. Essential:
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Detailed understanding of industry-wide capital and liquidity regulation, i.e. Basel 2 / 3, RWA. Leverage Exposure, LCR and NSFR
- Experience developing financial models / plans and drafting strategic presentations
- Make proposals and discuss complex issues with colleagues of varying seniority, including executive level management
- Experience managing other colleagues, either directly or indirectly
- Accountable partner who prioritizes the interest of the team and other colleagues
- Hardworking with ability to learn new subject matter and take on novel projects and challenges
- Proficient technical and problem solving skills, primarily excel and PowerPoint, and willingness to adapt to new platforms
- Experience dealing with loan, commitment and derivative products is preferred
- Market awareness regarding the Investment Banking business, and the role of financing therein (i.e. lending and capital markets)
- CPA, CFA or Master’s degree in business, finance or other relevant subject matter is a plus!
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.