Capital Strategy Group Associate, Global Capital Markets
The Capital Strategy Group (CSG) team focuses on (1) Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) client dialogue, including green/sustainability issuance across the capital structure and client advisory, and (2) strategic Global Capital Markets (GCM) efforts around capital planning, including capital and stress testing. The role also supports GCM's Vice Chairman and related client initiatives. This will be an opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial team and lead efforts across GCM/Investment Banking (IBD) related to client ESG workstreams and other business initiatives.
ESG workstreams include participating in pitches related to ESG issuance/structuring, client advisory on ESG positioning, and thought leadership in the space. The team collaborates with the IBD coverage teams and GCM product groups across industries to deliver issuance structuring and execution. Partnership with Morgan Stanley's Equity Research and Global Sustainable Finance teams provides continuous content generation for our clients. Holistically, the team leads the ESG Center of Excellence which is a cross-disciplinary team across GCM/IBD focused on delivering ESG solutions for clients.
Capital workstreams include running the CCAR/DFAST stress testing for GCM across both underwriting and lending businesses as well as projecting the division's balance sheet and capital usage. The team also collaborates with the Credit Risk Department regarding the risk management framework for the business. Given the strategic significance of these initiatives the team works closely with senior management.
The team is in search of a well-rounded candidate who is a self-starter and entrepreneurial with a skillset grounded in analytics and interest in corporate finance that can be applied to multiple disciplines.
Global Capital Markets raises capital for clients and provides advisory services using its market judgment and ingenuity to meet clients' needs for capital. Whether executing an IPO, a debt offering or a leveraged buyout, GCM integrates Morgan Stanley's expertise in Sales and Trading and in Investment Banking, offering clients seamless advice and sophisticated solutions including risk management solutions for managing risks inherent in both on the asset and liability side of clients' balance sheets. We originate, structure and execute public and private placement of equities, investment-grade and non-investment-grade debt and related products including derivative solutions.
- Produce thoughtful ESG insights for clients around positioning, issuance, and investor dialogue
- Support the ESG Center of Excellence to ensure connectivity across divisions to deliver comprehensive solutions to clients
- Prosecute the GCM forecasting process for the annual CCAR/DFAST stress testing submissions
- Develop client materials on differentiating topics, including new business initiatives
- Coordinate with multiple constituents across GCM, IBD, Treasury, Credit, and Financial Planning & Analysis
- 3-5 years of experience in Global Capital Markets or Investment Banking
- Experience in Equity Capital Markets is preferred
- You have an ability to manage multiple projects, provide complicated financial analysis, and develop appropriate corporate finance solutions.
- Extraordinarily high level of motivation and commitment to working hard
- Extraordinarily high level of focus on work quality and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commercial instinct and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree required; an MBA, CA and/or CFA designation would be a preference
- Series licensing or must obtain