- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 16 Jan 19
Capital Optimization & Regulatory Implementation (CORI) Attorney # 124052
- Work on opinions and legal advice relating to netting and collateral enforceability advice for legal, credit risk and capital purposes, to comply with Basel 3 requirements as implemented by FINMA, CRDIV, US, and other regulators.
- Obtain and/or review legal opinions from external counsel on due diligence, netting and collateral enforceability for all types of master netting agreements for derivatives and securities financing transactions (SFTs).
- Make recommendations to senior management on due diligence, netting and collateral enforceability for legal systems, capital adequacy and credit line utilisation purposes.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of netting policy and interface with other internal stakeholders on related projects.
- Review master agreements for derivatives and SFTs and rules of exchanges and clearing houses in the light of requirements and recommendations to determine the netting status and other matters between Credit Suisse and its counterparties.
- Provide legal guidance with respect to global regulatory developments impacting the firm's derivatives, securities financing, and clearing businesses.
- Partner with various departments within the firm to monitor, evaluate, and address the global business impact of regulatory and rule changes and draft related policies and procedures; advise senior front-office and compliance management regarding relevant challenges and solutions.
- Promote awareness of applicable regulatory and accounting capital and liquidity requirements related to Basel III and Resolution and Recovery Planning.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- A law degree and qualification as an attorney.
- Minimum 7 - 10 years relevant experience working in the banking/securities/financial services industry.
- Expert understanding of netting principles and Basel III regulatory standards.
- Ability to collaborate closely with stakeholders from different disciplines, bank colleagues, and within a team.
- Strong risk analysis skills and judgment, legal and regulatory knowledge, interpersonal skills and transaction execution skills.
- Confident team-player, a creative and strategic thinker with the ability to influence and build trusted relationships with clients and team members.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively; ability to work under pressure without compromising quality.
- Ability to analyze, draft and negotiate complex legal terms related to specific area of expertise and related regulatory and compliance issues.
- Ability to analyze CS's position with regard to compliance with current and emerging regulatory and governmental standards and initiatives where applicable.
- Ability to communicate complex or difficult legal concepts and negotiate and influence others to adopt different points of view.
- Strong familiarity with ISDAs, SFTs, clearing and related transactions and agreements.
- Is eager to grow and learn both within and outside of her/his area of expertise; and as an individual. Stretches her-/himself and others to drive things forward.
- Fully complies with the bank's code of conduct and all applicable laws, regulations and policies. Shows true concern for compliance and controls