Cantor Fitzgerald: Vice President, Product Control
This key position is part of the Prime Brokerage Product Control team. Located in Midtown Manhattan, this role is responsible for providing Profit & Loss of the Prime Brokerage/CF Secured business, and for developing and maintaining the required control processes. The particular businesses covered include Repo, Stock lending, and Prime Brokerage.
- Review and report Profit and loss from trading/client activities, and evaluate the accuracy of trader flash. This includes calculating and analyzing P&L, and explaining P&L movements.
- Provide daily revenue, comp, and other expense inputs to the management reporting group.
- Manage, review and update run-rates and other inputs as needed.
- Month end actual vs reported review and reconciliation.
- Liaise closely with multiple groups such as Operations, Technology, and Market Risk to resolve issues.
- Responsible for the proper accounting treatment of trading activity including preparing journal entries and performing the month end general ledger accounting close
- Support process and system improvements through leading and participating in various project initiatives.
- Understand the process flows from front end systems to subledger into the General Ledger
- Ensure Compliance with Internal / external audit and regulatory requirements
- Provide ad-hoc reporting to senior management, and look to identify and develop other relevant management information (MI).
- Perform month end duties to ensure the general ledger is correct and the team as a whole complete all month end tasks within the necessary timeframes.
Skills / Competencies required:
- 5+ years of experience in Product Control or commensurate Finance/Accounting experience.
- Strong technical and analytical skills. MS Excel expertise, and ability to control large data sets.
- Critical thinking and problem solving experience
- Interest in strengthening controls and implementing changes to improve the control environment.
- Self-motivator who excels in a high pressure, hands on environment.
- Organised and able to prioritize under tight and conflicting deadlines.
Other Desired Skills / Competencies:
- Prime Brokerage and/or Repo Matchbook reporting experience
- Understanding of current Fixed Income market trends, and changes to the regulatory environment
- Forensic Accounting
- P&L Attribution
- SQL, Visual Basic
- Systems utilized: Oracle GL, Sungard Phase 3, FSS Spectrum