Cantor Fitzgerald: Employment Paralegal
Cantor Fitzgerald is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented Employment Paralegal with excellent writing skills to join its dynamic in-house legal department. This position will support the firm's financial services businesses.
- Draft legal documents under the supervision of employment attorneys, including offer letters, employment agreements, consulting agreements, and separation agreements.
- Perform legal research under the supervision of employment attorneys.
- Assist employment attorneys through all stages of workplace and other investigations.
- Assist employment attorneys through the due diligence process.
- Liaise directly with business leaders and members of the Human Resources and Partnership Administration departments.
- Track and organize the team's ongoing matters.
- Work on special projects.
- Assist other legal department attorneys and support staff as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Paralegal Certification.
- Excellent legal research skills (Westlaw preferred).
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize projects and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with a team and with individuals of varying seniority levels.
- Positive proactive attitude and a robust work ethic.
- Demonstrate good business judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Law firm or in-house legal department experience preferred.
- Advanced Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills preferred.
Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. (the "Company") is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. This means that the Company provides equal opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, training, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, and termination of employment, and seeks to prevent any prohibited discrimination or harassment based upon any classification or status protected by applicable law (which can include race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information and other factors protected by law).