C++ Linux/Windows Developer
Executive summary of the job's core purpose.
AES Omega technology group builds and maintains core application frameworks for AES algorithms to work clients' and firm's Equity orders. The development team is responsible for capture and implementation of business requirements for improvements to current Omega Algo-hosting framework, new connectivity requirements and features, design of robust and resilient environment for hosting trading engines and related services, and providing 3rd level support for troubleshooting/investigating production inquiries.
A candidate to join the team will have an opportunity to work with a ground breaking technology, learn new techniques for writing low-latency and highly efficient C++ applications and help Equity Electronic Trading business to design improvements to quality of executions from the markets.
- Gathering requirements from Advanced Execution Services [AES] business, platform and coverage groups
- Design and impact analysis of changes
- Development of new and changes to routing algorithms using C++ language
- Various testing efforts of new Omega versions such as unit tests, regression and support of QA/UAT processes
- Documentation of requirements and implementation details on Wiki
List qualifications, skills and experience encouraged in the successful candidate
- Hands-on experience and good knowledge of modern C++
- At least 7+ years of equivalent work experience working in IT using C++11 or higher version
- Outstanding understanding of C++ templates and meta-programming techniques is helpful!
- Outstanding knowledge of relational database and SQL is required for this position
- Experience in design and development of server-side applications
- The job requires that the person has a good understanding of building, running, debugging and troubleshooting C++ applications in Linux environment
- Understanding of distributed systems design is required
- Outstanding understanding of networking protocols and messaging frameworks is required
- Familiar with high efficiency, low latency server architecture
- An ability to write code targeting multiple operating systems is a plus
- Should be familiar with tools commonly used in Linux environment.
- Must have experience with GCC - GNU Compiler Collection, GDB - GNU Project Debugger, SVN - version control system etc.
- Familiarity with database principles, and recent working knowledge.
- A knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl and Python is highly desirable
- A bachelor degree or higher in a quantitative or technological field is required