C# Development Lead
As a Barclays Development Lead you will face off with the New York and London businesses including traders, sales, and operations. This person will analyze requirements, develop business / technical specifications, and ensure execution of all given projects. You will interact with the global Trading and Settlement teams in Barclays to ensure delivery of user driven, internal and external projects for the global Securitized Products loans desks.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Drive well planned, on time delivery of Securitized Products CMBS Loans commitments
- Lead high quality outcomes that meet documented Barclays technology standards, are cost effective, highly reliable and meet non-functional requirements
- Lead the loans technology staff, working to achieve technical excellence, appropriate risk taking in delivering the best technical solutions on time and developing our engineers' experience and career growth
- Develop agile ways of thinking and working
- Maintain high level of discipline throughout to accelerate delivery
- Play an active role in mentoring/coaching/training and development of team members
- 4-year Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Extensive experience designing and building Angular and/or .Net enterprise solutions
- Strong knowledge and experience with SQL with a good understanding of RDBMS concepts
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience with enterprise messaging technologies such as Solace, MQ, Kafka
Where will you be working?
- Familiarity with cloud-based solutions
- DevOps Experience
- Familiarity with Loans and mortgages
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details. About Barclays Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group. Our Values
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it. Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.