- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Open Systems Technologies
- 30 Oct 17 2017-10-30
Our client a world renowned hedge fund is seeking a C++ Developer who will support, enhance, and improve a highly optimized and scalable C++ platform code. This candidate will identify and refactor monolith application towards microservices architecture while maintaining trading execution performance.
- Develop and enhance the commodities trading systems
- Work with traders, developers, business analysts and support teams to define solutions
- Experience leveraging best in class tools and technologies to refine and improve software development practices to the team
- Write unit testing components, produce metrics and use automated software tool to facilitate the process on an ongoing basis
- Troubleshoot, identify the root cause of issues under time pressure and able to find solutions to bottleneck and bugs
- 5+ years writing highly optimized C++ real time applications, STL
- Experience with popular open source libraries like boost
- Knowledge of scripting language like Python
- Working knowledge of the UNIX operating system
- Experience with design patterns, object-oriented design, distributed systems, and modern software architecture
- Experience in designing multi-threaded applications
- Experience developing client/server applications
- Knowledge of event-driven (publish/subscribe) programming models.
- Understanding of networking with TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of efficient in-memory data management and associated data structures and techniques
- Some relational database background with SQL knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of order management and order routing
- Experience with unit and automated integration testing.
- Experience with messaging products, such as Smart Sockets, 29West, Solace, RTI.
- Working knowledge refactoring monolith applications towards a microservices architecture where applicable
- Familiarity with algo trading frameworks a big plus